Fork it! My new gardening website....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Lau, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Lau Guest

A very long time ago, I posted a thread entitled Unconventional Gardening, with the intention to make a printed magazine for urban gardeners. Although I have made this (see here), the production costs and risk were too high, so I have now made it into a online magazine, which you can all view for free....wooo!

Please have a look, and if you have any suggestions or thoughts about what you would like to see in future issues, please post here or email me.

I present to you .... .... a magazine for gardeners who aren't pansies, and who don't grow them either. :D

I've posted this in the Community rather than the Web forum, because it's more about the content than the actual site design. Please do move it if I've been a bad girl by doing this....:eek:
  2. gekko513 macrumors 603

Oct 16, 2003
    Nice ... I'm so going to consider guerilla gardening. :D

Edit: Site comment. The font is a bit hard to read. I increased the font size to get through it. I had to give up reading the interview because the lines were too long.
  3. Lau thread starter Guest

Hmm, ok, thanks gekko, I'll have a look at that. :eek:
  4. joepunk macrumors 68030

Aug 5, 2004
    a profane existence
    Are those your shirt designs? I don't recall seeing the "break free" at Threedless. I'll have to look again.

Nice layout, clean and uncluttered.
  5. Lau thread starter Guest

Thanks. Yeah, that one is from Threadless. The only one that's my design is the one on the next page. :D Do you think that's obvious enough? I wouldn't like anyone to think I'm trying to pass off those designs as my own. Maybe I'll just have my downloadable t-shirt transfer on there and ditch the links to other peoples.
  6. XIII macrumors 68040

Aug 15, 2004
    Love the layout, very clean, and the name is great. :D

Keep up the good work, and good luck.. :)
  7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    Definitely a good idea and I like the name, but the type is difficult.

You can look for something much bigger and still not be a hoe. :p
  8. Lau thread starter Guest

Seriously, good point. How else will I be able to reap the benefits of my visitors? :p
  9. joepunk macrumors 68030

Aug 5, 2004
    a profane existence
    When I saw the tread title again. I thought it said F**k it. As in I thought you made a new site and decided to f**k the old one.

I really need to get some sleep :eek: