Forks Over Knives Documentary

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by phas3, May 1, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

For those of you who have watched this documentary I would like to know what you guys think of it. What you guys think of the claims in the documentary and how credible it is. I haven't watched it yet, will do it tomorrow but my gf comes home from class today and mentioned she watched this documentary. She gave me a brief summary about and one thing stood out and I'm calling BS on it and that is the claim that protein from meat, dairy etc. are completely horrible for our health.

What do you guys think about the claims?

2. macrumors 601

Don't panic

shouldn't you watch the program before commenting on it?

3. macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

:)

4. thread starter macrumors 65816

that's true, which I will be tomorrow but I can still have a pre-comment can't I? :p

5. thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm 30 minutes into watching this right now here are some thoughts that I have so far.

The documentary is like any other documentary about health. One thing all these documentaries agree on is that eating animal based foods that are pumped with hormones and all the nasty things you can think about is BAD FOR OUR HEALTH. But what this documentary is doing is showing how evil meat is in general.

that's all for now

6. macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Meat is awesome....especially the human variety. mmmmmmmmm

7. macrumors P6

-aggie-

8. thread starter macrumors 65816

9. macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I do love meat, and will never give it up, but I do take exception with what they are doing to it these days.

Antibiotics, hormones, etc, instead of just good old selective breeding.

Fruits and vegetables are the same way, in their incessant need to increase yield and reduce spoilage.

Too many people, too few resources to feed them.

10. thread starter macrumors 65816

I completely agree, this documentary mentions nothing about meat that is gras-fed, free ranged and organic.

This is pretty much trying to convince you to eat nothing but a plan-based whole food diet.

Sorry, most American's don't know how to eat healthy.

11. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'm glad you said it because I don't think the documentary was unbiased at all. In fact, I think in some cases it could be propaganda.

Go Bacon!

12. thread starter macrumors 65816

I don't know but if our ancestors ate meat and we are here today to eat more meat....I think it's safe to say that meat..GOOD QUALITY MEAT is safe to eat.

13. AlvaroBurgess, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2012

macrumors newbie

AlvaroBurgess

221 N Sunset Ave, City Of Industry, CA 91744
    Yes I totally agree with you, all this things depends upon what type of quality meat you are eating, if it is not good for our health then there is not at all a problem in eating meat.