Formac monitor USB not working.

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by ahmadof, Mar 7, 2004.

1. ahmadof macrumors member

Jun 23, 2003
    foes anyone have experience with the formac gallery 19" display? the USB ports on the back only work first thing in the morning for about 20 min then stop. i only have keyboard/ mouse combo plugged into it. i have contacted them and they are having me do all sorts of silly things like plugging the monitor directly into the wall rather than a powerstrip. has anyone else experienced this and know what it might be? thanks
  2. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Oct 15, 2003
    The soggy side of the Pacific NW
    1) What computer and OS are you running? (I'm not gonna assume it's a Mac, since we seem to get PCers here too)

2) Is the monitor's USB cable plugged directly into your computer, or is it plugged into a USB hub?
  3. ahmadof thread starter macrumors member

Jun 23, 2003
    i have a G5 dual 2ghz

the monitor is plugged into the ADC via adapter and the usb is plugged directly into the computer. the powersource for the formac display connector or whatever it is called is also plugged in. Like i said, this setup works fine for approx 20-30 m in then stops without changing anyhing or anything anything new. Oh , i am running 10.3.2 any help would be greatly appreciated. formac has gotten better about responding since the 'restructuring', but i still have no resolution and it has been since sept.!
  4. aaron128 macrumors member

Dec 7, 2002
    Well I have a 17" Formac that suddenly died on me. It's been a month and my monitor will get back from them on Thursday. Their support is definitely SLOW. They're not ignorant or frustrating, just slow. In their FAQ they say not to plug in any devices that draw a lot of power. The fact that they work for awhile and then stop is kinda weird, but if you're overdrawing power then perhaps there's something in there that "trips" like a circuit breaker and then automatically resets itself overnight?