Formac question.. Please help

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by nospleen, Dec 3, 2003.

1. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

I ordered a formac display, but I want to cancel it. They will not return my emails or calls. If you call, the automated system says everyone is busy and to leave your name and number and they will call you back within 90 minutes. I have been trying for three days to get a hold of them to no evail?? Does anyone know an extension to enter that could get me in touch with a live person? Anyone else have a similiar experience? I am not one to complain about service, but this is getting ridiculous.

2. Ambrose Chapel macrumors 65816

Ambrose Chapel

i don't know about formac, but if you can't get in contact with someone there i think you can call your credit card company and tell them to cancel payment and/or the order

3. nospleen thread starter macrumors 68000

nospleen

I called my credit card company and they said formac already has the pre-authorization. So even if I were to cancel my card, they can still debit the money. I wish they would answer their phones!

4. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

my friend waited long enough online on their phone service to be bored.

then he called to macmall and got a formac monitor for the same price. less waiting.

5. nospleen thread starter macrumors 68000

nospleen

What is frustrating is sometimes when you call it will say no one is available and force you to leave a message. I am off today, so I do not mind waiting. However, they keep kicking me off the phone. :-(

6. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Call directory assistance in the city and get a local number, not the 800 number. (Or get it off the internet). Get a secretary or something, and don't let her transfer you. If she does, call back and keep calling. Works for me!

7. nospleen thread starter macrumors 68000

nospleen

I did get their local number and I called it from my mobile. (nationwide) It goes to the same phone. I have found a different option that does not kick me off, but i have been on hold for 20 minutes already. Oh well, whatever it takes. I hit # to enter an extension, I then tried 0 to get an operator, but that is not the correct extension.