Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BoneyardBoy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2004
Under the sea
hi every1. i've got a load of vhs tapes which I've been wanting to convert to my mac so i can bin them all (space-hogging dust gathering NAZIS!!!) and am getting the formac studio tvr but i'm really confused over what type of connector i use to connect it to my vcr. apparently it doesn't come with the cable so u have to buy it seperately :( can anyone help?

cheers v much!

Legend6396

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2004
How to get r done

I believe that all you have to do is set up rca outputs from your vcr into the formac tvr and then have the firewire connected to your computer. Another option to cut down on wires (possibly quality) is to have the cable insert into the vcr cable input and output into the box, via cable. This would allow you to record the cable and whatever movie you put in. However, you wouldn't be able to switch channels via the box, so I'd invest in a nice pair of rca cables from your local radioshack. I hope that answered your question.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.