Formac studio

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by numlock, Dec 19, 2006.

1. numlock macrumors 68000

I have a studio tvr and and intel iMac.

The problem is that it can only convert to dv. When I first got the studio tvr I had a mac mini and in the Video window in the preference I could change to other formats, aspect ratios etc. But now since im on a faster computer I wanted to see the results of letting the computer do the encoding but I cant change a thing (well I can change the frames rate and the quality of compression) but thats not exactly what I am wanting to do at this time.

I have tried contact formac but they wont even respond to my emails.

If anyone knew what caused this and could assist me i would appreciate it

Attached Files:

2. Ken Wilkinson macrumors newbie

Studio TVR and Studio DV

Not really a reply to this but does anyone know why Formac have just discontinued software drivers after waiting six months plus for the drivers for OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard? I understand that they have discontinued the Studio TVR but some of us stillo live in an analogue TV area in the UK. Can anyone suggest a solution that doesn't include ditching my Studio TVR?

3. Ken Wilkinson macrumors newbie

ForMac Studio TVR

Not really a reply to this but does anyone know why Formac have just discontinued software drivers after waiting six months plus for the drivers for OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard? I understand that they have discontinued the Studio TVR but some of us stillo live in an analogue TV area in the UK. Can anyone suggest a solution that doesn't include ditching my Studio TVR?

4. Edgardito macrumors newbie

Hello Ken,
    Excuse my english, i am spanish.
    Were you able to install the Formac TVR on Snow Leopard?
    I still have Analogue TV in Here, and i want to buy a used Studio TVR for mac Mac Mini, but I have Snow Leopard.

I read that using Vidi Studio TVR works well on Snow Leopard. Some people also reported that the Studio TVR Installer Fails under Snow Leopard (something about admin ) but if you pull the files form a Leopard installation, they will work fine on Snow Leopard. Also some people modified the Installer to make it ignore the admin privileges and it worked to.