Formatting in Pages

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gwest, Mar 24, 2007.

1. gwest macrumors member

Jan 23, 2004
    As a high school teacher, I am constantly making multiple choice exams. In MS Word, you can start a numbered list, type a question, the hit Enter. Word starts a new, sequential number, but if you hit the Tab key, you indent and go to the next list style, in my case from a numer (1.) to a letter (a.).

I can't find a similar way to accomplish this in Pages without lots of visits to the Inspector for each question. I really want to dump Word- any ideas on how to accomplish this simple task in Pages?

2. wordmunger macrumors 603

Sep 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    You probably already figured this out, but the best way I can manage is to use "harvard" style lists. Then use the inspector to switch your numbering from roman numerals to then use the arrows to change indent level to A.B.C. for your answer choice.

Not quite as easy as just tabbing, but it does work. You can also use command-left and right bracket to change indent level.
  3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Nov 3, 2005
    To clarify, it's command-left square bracket, and command-right square bracket, not the round ones on 9 and 0.