Formatting MicroSD for Chocolate phone

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by someguy, Oct 20, 2006.

1. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

Having a problem here. I got a MicroSD card for this phone and kept having a problem where I'd put songs on it, play them in the Chocolate phone fine, then suddenly everything would be corrupted. Figured bad chip so I sent it back and got a new one. Same thing happening here with the new one.

What I've done so far:

I put a few songs on the chip and put it into the phone, played fine. Then I put more songs on it, put it back in the phone and it couldn't find the card. Put the card back in the computer's card reader and it said Mac OS X cannot read the storage device, or something to that effect.

So I formatted it in Windows (don't know how in OS X) to FAT32 and saw that over 3/4 of the storage space was used up before I had the chance to put any music on it... OK, tried standard FAT format and it seemed to work alright until I put it in the phone and tried to play the songs. Saw the card but said there weren't any songs on it...

I'm at a loss. Could the phone be bad? I don't want to just assume that before trying everything I can try, but what should I do?

Format the card NTFS maybe?

Any ideas?

Note: I HAVE successfully played entire songs this way so I know I don't need some addition software or anything. Somethings fishy. Also one problem I had only with the first MicroSD chip was that you'd play a song and the metadata for a completely different song would appear on the screen, and a third completely different song would play and cut in and out.

Yeah. :confused:

Thanks for any help you guys can give me. I know this isn't an LG phone forum, but hopefully someone can give me some insight into what may be going on and what to try.

Thanks again!

2. someguy thread starter macrumors 68020

someguy

Also, I can play the songs directly from the memory card in OS X fine. I think the current format is FAT.

EDIT: For information's sake, this is the chip I bought. There are even reviews on it there that say it works fine in the VX8500 (chocolate).

3. someguy thread starter macrumors 68020

someguy

Hope it's been long enough to justify a bump. :)

4. jblock macrumors regular

5. someguy thread starter macrumors 68020

someguy

Thanks, I'll check it out. :)

In the meantime, if anyone comes up with anything, please let me know.