Formatting Os And Reinstalling Again?!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by chosenwolf, Feb 28, 2006.

1. chosenwolf macrumors 6502a

chosenwolf

Hey guys,

My laptop just sh*tted on me. I was trying to update to Tiger, on the first step when it restarted something happened and now I can't get into Panther. All I see is the Apple screen with the loading icon. I'm about to give up on MAC (I just switched over a couple of weeks ago).

How would I go about deleting JUST THE OS (Panther) without my HD files and then restarting and booting into my Tiger retail DVD. At this point, I can't even access my desktop.

I am willing to paypal anyone $20 if it involves a lot of steps!

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Try reinstalling with the CD again....give it a shot.
    Are you looking for a fresh install or an update?

Bless

3. chosenwolf thread starter macrumors 6502a

chosenwolf

I wanted an update. I can't even get into Panther now though, that is the problem. I tried inserting the disk and restarting while holding down C, but I just get the Apple with the loading symbol.

If it comes down to it, I'll just do a clean install. Is there a mac "DOS" I can get into before bootup?

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

If you restart the computer with the disk in it...it should head right for the DVD, try again without holding down the button...and give a few.

Bless

5. frankblundt macrumors 65816

frankblundt

If you do an Archive and Install it should do a fresh install of Tiger, but keep a copy of Panther (and your files). You can then move your files into the new Tiger user folder and delete Panther.