(former AR gov) Huckabee left computers, fund gutted

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jan 19, 2007.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

arkansas democrat-gazette

hmmm... don't those drives and data belong to the people of AR?

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I would think so...must have been quite the emergency.

(Oh, and the postal abbreviation for Arkansas is AR.)

3. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

4. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

!!!!!!

i never was very good at those. i liked 'em better when it was stuff like Ark, Ill, Ind, ....

5. Desertrat macrumors newbie

There was a news article a couple of days ago about incoming state legislators in Pennsylvania discovering that all information had been deleted from the office computers of some of the exiting legislators. Ergo, no background info on recent and pending legislation, etc.

Revenge, possibly...

'Rat

6. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Hmm, I must have missed that in the paper the other day. It is kind of odd that he was having those drives crushed, wonder if he has some skeletons or something. I'll keep you guys posted if I find out anything interesting.

jon

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

If anyone wants to make the comparison to the thing with Clinton's staff stealing keys off the keyboards before Bush's staff came in, this doesn't come anywhere close. Plus, that turned out to be made up. Something about this doesn't sit right with me, for obvious reasons. First of all, the computers are owned by the state, being paid for by tax payer money. If they did have to be destroyed, they should have been replaced. And they should have had to prove they contained classified information. If not, and actually even if so, some of those things on those computers should have been public record.

Wondering what they had to hide.