Former Bush Aide Safavian Found Guilty

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mactastic, Jun 20, 2006.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

And the Culture of Corruption rolls on...

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

This is the same abramoff who the President didnt remember but had visited the whitehouse over a dozen times:D

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Ah, but some Democrat got caught with a bunch money in fridge. It's exactly the same thing somehow. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. Um, plus we killed that terrorist. 'Member?

Yeah, this doesn't look good for Bushie-boy.

4. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

Funny, I'd have thought there'd be some conservatives coming to denounce this guy. Just DHM huh?

I would have thought everyone would be against corruption, but I guess you never know around here...

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Republicans and corruption seem to go hand in hand. Hiding under their desks like their fearless leaders did in vietnam? How anyone can stick with such a corrupt party is beyond rational thought. I notice Fox isnt saying much about this vote. Why is that if they arent bias? Come on all you George & Dick lovers we want to hear from you.:rolleyes:

6. Black&Tan macrumors 6502a

Black&Tan

I think its just ANOTHER politician found guilty of corruption. Isn't that par for the course in Washington? The more I hear and read, the less I trust those in power. They don't truly care about the country, only their own power and influence.

7. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

Funny that so many of them these days have an (R) after their names...

It only took the Republics 10 years to become as corrupt as it took the Democrats 40 years to do. Thus by simple extrapolation, it would follow that Republics are 4 times more corrupt than Democrats? :)

8. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Nah, they're just better at it.

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

You're forgetting to factor in times with Dems in the White House and how many neocon politicians are corrupt vs. liberals right now. There's that 1 I mentioned earlier, and... I'm sure there's more. I've lost count of the corrupt Repubs. Just proof that power corrupts the weak willed and power hungry, so we shouldn't give too much power to anyone.

It's just that the Dems are a lot slower to become corrupted. Even under their own as Pres. Though that may just be because it takes them longer to do anything. :p Under all Repubs, they seem to do everything wrong, and worse, they seem to do it quickly. :rolleyes: