Formula One threesome - in a Ferrari?

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Aug 2, 2005.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Imagine the possibilities... F1 could become more like offshore powerboat racing... they have a pilot and a throttle man, well maybe F1 could have the pilot, and then one doing the throttle and the other doing the brakes. heheh

Rinky dink link

That said, maybe if they spent less time developing this kind of s**t and more time focusing on the actual F1 car, maybe they wouldn't be having such a crap year. :eek: :rolleyes:

2. ph0rce macrumors 6502

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I disagree. Why not fill the two back seats with men armed with giant sticks to beat off opposition cars? Ferrari is a pretty devious team, I wouldn't put it past them. Plus, it might make for more entertaining races. :p

4. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

I think it's a prototype of their open wheel rally car. ;) Just imagine sitting next to Schumacher, telling when the turns are coming up.

5. jrober macrumors regular

jrober

It is a bus for F1 drivers.

I think this is a bus for Victory Laps after the winners Champagne. Michael and Rubens get in the back and Ross drives them around so they don't get nicked for drunk driving. :D

6. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

You guys go ahead and sneer; meanwhile I'm first in line for a ride (or anyway I would be, except that I probably fall into the "riff-raff" category as far as the over-rich b*stards who determine who gets a ride are concerned).

Nice mental image you gave me there, mad jew. :D Giant sticks indeed...

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

They need to justify those huge helmets somehow. :p

8. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

If it's true, i think they should spend more time on improving their performance on track instead of doing this.
    However, I don't think it's true...

9. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Three words:

TRAINED NINJA MONKEYS!

I have devulged Ferrari's new devious plans, i must hide now..

Ed

Attached Files:

10. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

tis' tis' tis' true. :)

Now, I'm just wondering which body part I can eBay to raise the necessary £... $... € for a lap with the Schu! :D

11. anonymous161 macrumors 6502

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    I wonder how hot it would be sitting beside the engine?

What's the point in developing your car if your tires suck ass? Tires aside, the F2005 is one of, if not the best, cars on the grid this year. The only problem it ever had was the titanium/carbon tranny and that seems to be worked out. What Ferrari need to figure is how to put Bridgestone labels on a set of Michelins :)

12. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

What I see is a way to give fans a chance to experience the thrills of open wheel racing not unlike some of the driving schools featuring NASCAR type cars.

The liability of having riders during an actual race would be more than any team could bare and I doubt the F1 would allow it.

13. mpw Guest

250mph with the wife and mother-in-law bitching about how I'm following too close to the guy in front!!!

Didn't Jordan or MaClaren do this a couple of years back and crash with a couple of sponsors aboard?

14. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

I do remember Mansell taking part in a 2 seater race at Donnington a few years ago, and he crashed it with some lucky soul in the back seat. :p

15. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I dunno, It seems so inconsistent. Sometimes the car is good, other times not. Reliability is above average, to be sure, but the pace of the F2005 seems a real question mark. It was rushed out with less than the usual development though.

I hate VIP's that get rides in F1 cars <pouts>. :mad:

16. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

It was a businessman who'd won the ride in an auction and bizarrely enough Mansell crashed into the current championship leader, The Great Alfonso......sorry, Fernando Alonso. Rolled it as I recall. Paul Stoddart won the race as well which makes a nice change for Minardi :)