Formula SAE Competition

Discussion in 'Community' started by Toeknee, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Toeknee macrumors regular

Toeknee

Was just curious as to how many Mac people knew about or are involved in the Formula SAE comptetion held in Pontiac, MI each May? It's a collegiate competiton where colleges and universities from around the world design, build and drive their own open wheeled race car. Last year when I went up there with our school I saw a couple Macs up there just wanted to see if anyone knew about it. Here's a good website to check out some of the previous race cars from other schools www.fsae.com

2. Toreador93 macrumors regular

I'm an in-active member of our team at Saginaw Valley, MI. I haven't been going due to class work, other interests, and the fact that meetings are 10am on Saturday. Hopefully next year will go a little smoother.

I believe we're the first (possibly only) team to have made our own transmission. We were also 6th place a few years ago.

3. Toeknee thread starter macrumors regular

Toeknee

I'm part of the team with UT-San Antonio and we went last year but the car never left our paddock but for the static events. We couldn't not get passed tech inspection, yet we still finished ahead of some teams that did compete. Really wished that I had spent more time walking around taking pictures and talking to people instead of being cooped up inside the trailer.

4. rugonnaeatthat macrumors regular

Australia Formula SAE

I designed the logo and website for the 2004 University of Adelaide Australia's SAE entry. I got the gig from a friend of mine who is/was in the team and he owns a 17inch powerbook.

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

That's a really cool logo. I see the car round uni all the time. I was gonna join the team this year but didn't get around to it. I had no idea it was an international competition though... :cool: