[Forum Spy] Alternate highlight for threads you posted in.

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by soco, Nov 3, 2011.

1. macrumors demi-god

soco

I went back about a year or so to see if this had been suggested, so I apologize and understand thread deletion or locking if it was over a year ago.

I know a lot of us like to use Forum Spy in order to keep up with what's being posted all day. A lot of us also post in the same thread that had interested us before when we see a new post go by.

Wouldn't it be nice to have those threads we've posted in, lets say in the past few hours, be highlighted subtley so that we could pick them out of the stream?

Anyway, as always, just a suggestion. I don't know what level of difficulty this would have to implement, so I could be suggesting something crazy.

2. Moderator emeritus

Hellhammer

Use automatic subscriptions and threads you have posted in will get a check sign on the right

Attached Files:

3. macrumors Core

miles01110

Subscribe to the threads you post in; they show up with a check mark in Spy.

4. macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

I've been using Forum Spy extensively recently and I think that's a great suggestion. Currently I just try to keep track of thread names but a subtle highlight (or some other form of identification) would be helpful, in my opinion.

EDIT: just saw the "checkmark" for subscribed-to threads. I'll see about making use of that.

5. thread starter macrumors demi-god

soco

Ooh, interesting. Does this have any kind of time cut-off though? In other words, if I post in a thread and I subscribe to it, will I always see the check months down the line if I don't manually unsubscribe?

Either way, awesome that this works this way. Thanks. :)

6. macrumors 603

Tomorrow

Doesn't matter the age of the thread, or if you've posted in it; if you're subscribed, the checkmark shows up. ;)

7. macrumors Core

miles01110

There's no time cut off; but it usually doesn't matter. Most threads die after a week or two.

8. thread starter macrumors demi-god

soco

This is true. Either way, I'm happy. Feel free to close this 'hammer. :)

9. Moderator emeritus

Hellhammer

Nah, no need to. This can still be helpful for the others, like r2shyyou who already found it because of this ;)