Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
May 16, 2008
I've seen this happen more frequently. Forum Spy sometimes skips updating for a while, even though threads should be showing up. In the example posted below, a thread was started at 5:52 with a response at 5:53. Neither showed up on Forum Spy, even though they were in an included forum. Logging out, deleting all cookies and logging back in a few times will cause those threads to show up, but then other threads are missing. It's simply not reflecting all posts as it should.
ScreenCap 5.PNG

Nov 28, 2010
located
That is GOOOOOD. Less threads to post in. ;)

But I have seen that behaviour too in the last month or so, but I never bothered to investigate it. Sometimes refreshing FS helped showing threads, that weren't there before.

But the strange thing is, it seems to be individual, FS showed that thread you were missing, I reloaded FS more than an hour ago.
2012_02_04_pA1_ForumSpy.png

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
May 16, 2008
But the strange thing is, it seems to be individual, FS showed that thread you were missing, I reloaded FS more than an hour ago.
I reloaded the FS page several times and those posts wouldn't appear. I logged out of MR and back in a couple times.... still gone. Finally, I reset Safari, clearing all cookies and caches. Then those posts finally showed up, but my first post of this thread was missing, even though there were posts before and after that showed up. Repeat reloading, clearing cookies, etc. and finally I got that one to show. It's intermittent and unpredictable, but it would be nice if it just did what it's supposed to do, all the time.

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
If clearing your cookies works, then it must be a script problem and updating/requesting a fix to the author is the only solution.

Without the actual code is difficult to come to a fix though.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
May 16, 2008

Attachments

• ScreenCap 27.PNG
    ScreenCap 27.PNG
    115.3 KB · Views: 68
  • ScreenCap 28.PNG
    ScreenCap 28.PNG
    55 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001

hmm... was this meant to be a blank post?

arn

Nov 28, 2010
located
try now.

I think I made a config error.

arn

It's back. Thanks.

But I have seen another strange thing, like the post by Mister GGJstudios between yours and mine now. It is empty. I reported an empty one a while ago (two hours maybe) and have seen a similar one, if I remember correctly.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
It's back. Thanks.

But I have seen another strange thing, like the post by Mister GGJstudios between yours and mine now. It is empty. I reported an empty one a while ago (two hours maybe) and have seen a similar one, if I remember correctly.

ya

I see a couple now. I think it was the same glitch. watching to see if more happen now.

arn

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Every time I post, it comes up a blank post. Every time I click to submit a post, I get this:
ScreenCap 32.PNG
Lots of weirdness happening

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.