Forum Suggestion - AppleTV Thread

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by HelixOmnimedia, Mar 22, 2007.

1. HelixOmnimedia macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

Hello,

I hope this is the right place to make suggestions about the MacRumors Forum - if not i apologize and this can be deleted/moved.

So here's my suggestion:
    Under the "Apple Hardware" section there should be a new thread dedicated to the AppleTV - where all discussion, questions, FAQ, How-to Guides...ect..ect can be listed, as the recent release has got everyone posting, and with the growing concerns and questions it will take over that thread which was dedicated to iPod and iTunes.

I know that it's related to the iPod and iTunes and that's why it was also added to the existing thread. However it would be a lot easier for a separate thread purely for Apple TV related topics.

Just a suggestion.

2. macd00d macrumors newbie

Agreed!

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I don't think there is enough interest in the Apple TV to have it have its own forum. I think it is fine in the iTunes section. That would be like making a forum for each type of iPod, which IMO is not needed, at least at this point in time.

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Given that :apple:TVs are just now arriving in consumers' hands and at retail outlets, we're at a high point for interest in the product. We'll see how much of that is sustained over the coming weeks and months. It's most likely that the number of threads and posts about the :apple:TV will lessen at least a bit.

5. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Yeah sorry that is what I meant... that over time interest will lessen. But it may be a good idea to make a temorary Apple TV thread and after a month or so just merge the threads with the regular iTunes/iPod discussion forum. But either way, it will all work out in the end :p

6. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

another vote for a dedicated AppleTV Section.

Thx

7. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

with the added and unique aspect of moding and hacking the Apple TV, it may be enough to need its own forum.

arn

8. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler