Forum vBulletin bugs?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by justperry, Jan 19, 2013.

1. macrumors 603

justperry

1. In the screenshot below you can see that in my quote notifications there are three instances of posts with the same time and User, is this a bug?
    I have seen this quite a few times before.

2. In Forum spy there is a checked box next to threads which I posted in, yet new subscribed posts won't have this checked box until I refresh the page, is this a bug too or is there just no way to implement this in vbulletin?
    This you can also see in the second screenshot, subscribed (in Bold) but no checkbox.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

Don't know about 2 but thought the same: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1347575

it's when there are 2 quoted replies, and you are one of them.

3. Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

For item #1, I believe that the user probably posted 3 times in a row and the system auto-merged them. His first post likely had the quote of you in it and the auto merge made it seem like 3 quotes. Not necessarily a bug, but just a consequence of two forum features with different functions coming together.

Item #2, you have to refresh the page because the Spy runs on Javascript and it needs the refresh to "know about" the updated subscriptions.

4. thread starter macrumors 603

justperry

Ah, thought it was posted before, never found it though, search on MR isn't that good;)

Cheers, understand now, it didn't really bother me, just an observation.