Forum withdrawal....

Discussion in 'Community' started by jsw, Oct 27, 2004.

1. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Thank God the forums are back up... I go into withdrawal when they go down, and this hour and a half lapse forced me to watch the Cards choke once again. But at least I walked out the see the eclipse, so I suppose it wasn't all bad....

Any idea what happened?

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I was sweating it on this side... had some issues... glad they came up tonight :)

arn

3. jsw thread starter Moderator emeritus

jsw

Hey, welcome back! I've noticed that you've been popping in every once in a while - sorry that there were problems tonight. I hope things are going well and that you've been managing to get some sleep now and then with your "real" job....

FWIW, I now notice the ability to delete my posts in the Community forum. This wasn't there before (AFAIK). I like the ability, but am I supposed to have it? This Demi status is new, so I don't know what goes with the territory, but I think Mudbug noted that it's a temp glitch when I commented on being able to delete in the main News forum.

Edit: I can't delete this post, but still can delete my first one above. Interesting....

4. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

I'm glad the forums are back online but there still seems to be a few issues that need to be ironed out. I'm having to refresh a lot, particularly when posting. But I'm not complaining, it's better than no MacRumors at all! :p

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

The Forum still seems to be having some problems. Hope that it can be fixed shortly. :( Trying at 12:22pm, so will try again later. Thought I would give it a try again. Missing the forum makes the appeal grow stronger.

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

arn will work on the forums again tonite. Until then, we will cope.

7. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Thank you Doctor Q for fixing the errors that occurred during the down time today. Do you know the cause of the downtime?

8. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Yes, software glitches. We should really get rid of all software and all programmers. That would solve all of our computer problems.

Oh, wait, I'm a programmer. Never mind. We should go back to Plan A, letting arn work on fixing problems with the forum database and forum software, and leave the programmers out of it.

9. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

One minute after I posted, arn said it should now be fixed. Thanks once again, arn.

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

We definitely need programers, don't want to loose the like of Doctor Q. ;)

arn is certainly good at multitasking. Thank you arn for a job well done.

11. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Thanks, Arn.

I was going through withdrawals too.

12. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

hmm...that's strange wdlove, your post where you said 12:22 says 6:43 on the time dealie, and that's cdt as opposed to edt (sp?) so i guess it was posted but not added to the database until 7/6:43?

13. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Actually, wdlove tried to make that post at 12:22 his time but the forum glitches messed with his post. By the time he got the message posted (with the original time in the body text), it was hours later.

14. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

We need better programmers. Getting rid of junk software written by bad programmers might help though. ;)