Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
The forums have been upgraded to the latest version of vBulletin. There may be some style abnormalities when browsing the site.

Some of the Buttons and Menus may not work until you clear your browser cache.

Safari Menu -> Empty Cache

Post here if you run into any problems.

arn

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
I was wondering why the site was down...

BTW, do you know if this will have any effect on the IE for Windows issue where IE locks up when replying to a PM with QUOTE and /QUOTE tags in it?

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Daveway said:
I like the new Reply section. We still need more emoticons.

What else is new in the version?

Try editing your own post.

arn

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
katie ta achoo said:
Woaaahhh!! AWESOME! :)

I must be blind, I don't see anything "awesome" :confused:

Edit: On another forum with 3.5, it has inline editing. Is that supposed to be happening here? I've emptied my cache but it's not working.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
arn said:
Holy schmoly, I was just thinking of this exact type of functionality. Like WYSIWYG editing right on the page. Amazing it came to fruition like this.

Forum feels much snappier.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Very cool, good work arn, the upkeep is appreciated. :cool:

I, too, was wondering why I wasn't receiving any reply notifications in my Inbox, then I saw it was closed for maintenance.

Well, time for the Mods to clean up all the "Why was MacRumors down?!?" threads that will no doubt appear... ;)

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Lacero said:
Holy schmoly, I was just thinking of this exact type of functionality. Like WYSIWYG editing right on the page. Amazing it came to fruition like this.

Forum feels much snappier.

Sorry, guess I'm missing something - editing my post doesn't appear to be much different from before?... :confused:

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Nermal said:

Edit: On another forum with 3.5, it has inline editing. Is that supposed to be happening here? I've emptied my cache but it's not working.

Yep, it's supposed to happen. Which browser are you using?

arn

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Nermal said:

I see it whenever I try editing my own posts. You don't? Odd....

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
arn said:
Arn, any chance we can up the time limit of edit notification to 5 minutes? I think the current limit is 3 minutes to edit a post before the edit footnote appears.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Lacero said:
Arn, any chance we can up the time limit of edit notification to 5 minutes? I think the current limit is 3 minutes to edit a post before the edit footnote appears.

sure. done.

arn

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Lacero said:
Works for me in Safari/Tiger 10.4.2.

Ah, works for me now, just had to empty my cache. That's very cool, now I see what you guys are oohing and ahhing over! ;)

For the record, I'm running 10.3.9 and Safari 1.3.1.

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
Nice. Wasn't working well (none of the buttons whould react) but clearing the cache fixed it.

The box is grey and ugly though. Yuck. Wonder if it looks different in another browser.

Edit: And the new Edit function is sweet! :D

Edit: Works fine in Epiphany 1.8.2 and Safari 2.0.1 so far. I really dig the new Edit. Works on Firefox 1.0.7 (Linux). Ditto for Camino (Nightly, 2005-10-11).

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
arn said:
Yep, it's supposed to happen. Which browser are you using?

Safari 2.0.1, so it should work :confused:

Just emptied the cache for the third time, and it's still not working. It seems that the "toolbars" and smilies aren't clickable either. Something strange is going on here!

Edit: I'm in Camino 0.8.4 now, and it's not working either.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
watcher2001 said:
In the future tho is it possible to send a PM to everyone a few hours before downtime?

You need to log in to check the PM, so a lot of people would miss it. Plus it'd put a big strain on the email system.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Nermal said:
Safari 2.0.1, so it should work :confused:

Just emptied the cache for the third time, and it's still not working. It seems that the "toolbars" and smilies aren't clickable either. Something strange is going on here!

Edit: I'm in Camino 0.8.4 now, and it's not working either.

you behind some sort of proxy which is caching? If so, it might take some time before it all flushes through.

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.