Forward/Back mouse button support in Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TheWitePony, Sep 10, 2003.

1. TheWitePony macrumors regular

Is is supported? I can't find it in the preferences anywhere. If it is how do I go about setting it up? I have a Microsoft Wireless Intelimouse Explorer.

2. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

I have the same mouse and the forward and back buttons are supported in Safari.

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Set it in the Perf. Pane for the Mouse, and set the buttons to CMD+<- or ->. I did it for the IntellMouse Optical.

TEG

4. TheWitePony thread starter macrumors regular

I'm afraid i don't see those options anywhere. Where exactly are they? I've checked both the Safari and System preferences and I can't find it anywhere.

5. silver6x macrumors newbie

well, i'm assuming you bought this mouse, in which case you probably didn't install any of the included software to configure the mouse which would've come on a cd. if you don't have the software cd or if it simply didn't come with anything, you can always use usb overdrive and configure the buttons for any mouse with that.
    you can find it at http://www.usboverdrive.com
    if you're still having trouble, lemme know

6. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I would suggest you install the M$ drivers available at http://www.microsoft.com/mac/
    and go to downloads, and select hardware. Then you me take to a metrics where it will direct you to the correct drivers. From there you will then have a Pref Pane that will allow you to do anything with the mouse.

TEG

7. TheWitePony thread starter macrumors regular

thanks i just installed usboverdrive and its working great!