Forward looking statements! If you could get any MacBook/Pro configuration in June 07

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Aniej, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

1 point if you name what the reference in the title of this post relates to?

If you were to think about where Apple is going with the MacBook/MacBook Pro lines and the cool available features following MacWorld 2007 and the likely augmentations and updates to the Macworld releases, what would your ultimate machine include?

And.... what do you wish you would be able to include, but there is just no chance that it will make it in there (lets try and keep references to counties in California to a minimum please;) )?

p.s. feel free to customize this question as you feel fit.

2. eddietr macrumors 6502a

I hope by then I can get a 1" thin notebook with 4GB or more of usable RAM. I will upgrade immediately.

3. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Screw 1", we made so many trades offs to make it thin, I do not need such a big thing thin. Small and thin yes, big and thin is stupid.

Under 5lbs, 6 hours battery life, LED backlight, S-IPS colour accurate panel. 3Ghz Core 3 Duo.

I'm all set, the flash memory bootup, blah blah blah, not important :)

4. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

Fair point regarding the size v. performance issue. What would be an acceptable increase in size to performance ratio for you?

Regarding the LED backlight, what is the light currently under the keyboard? I find the light is not strong enough on my powerbook when I have the screen on full brightness in the dark (please no suggestions to lower the screen brightness, it's just how I roll baby),it would be nice if the keys could be illuminated better, has the MacBook Pro improved upon this?

5. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Sorry, all you get for 2007 is Core 2 Duo, at least in the notebook segment. And 3.0Ghz? :p

6. kalun macrumors regular

I would just like them to address the design issue in Macbook/Pro, especially macbook's sharp edges, macbook/pro heat problem (it would be cool if apple can get it much cooler than it's current state), and macbook pro's wireless issue.:eek:

7. timmillwood macrumors 6502a

1920x1200 17" screen
    512mb Graphics
    4gb Ram
    removable HDD
    Magnetic latch

Basicly all the stuff we didnt get on the latest release

8. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

4GB RAM wowser! I like it, I like it a lot.

I might add the return of the 7200 RPM processor for the 15" MBP.

9. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

waaooo, i didn't know that processors could spin that fast! :D

10. Glenny2lappies macrumors 6502

Graphics Ram

What's with the large graphics ram? My understanding is that even 128Mb isn't fully used with a 30" cinema display. What do you get by having even more?

I can see the point of a faster graphics processor, but not the additional memory.

Ooh, a 1920x1200 screen, that would be nice.

For me a 20" version would be great. I know it's not a lappie, but it'll be great for presentations and working in different offices.

11. iris_failsafe macrumors 6502

iris_failsafe

2,5Ghz Core 2, 4GB RAM, 512MB VideoCard, Ultra drive (BlueRay,DVD,CD Writer, reader), 1920x1080 Display with Leopard

and Maya 8,5 Universal Binary + Final Cut Extreme (realtime 2K editing and compositing)

12. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Easy.

- Core2Duo with 3GHz
    - 4GB RAM
    - 250GB 5400rpm HD
    - HD res display
    - Blu-Ray
    - Santa Rosa platform
    - LED screen
    - Magnetic latch
    - 5+ (real) hours battery life

Not too unlikely in 2007 I think. Well the battery life maybe :D

13. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Ultra-portable with solid-state storage... :) Either that or any other kind of Apple (done right) notebook under 4 lbs in weight, either in the MB or MBP lines.

14. mr_matalino macrumors 6502a

mr_matalino

Flash memory - 100GB+
    Quad-core 3.0 GHz
    Socket processors (upgradable)
    Blu-ray
    Battery life 6hrs +

On the side...it'd be cool if Apple came out with a hot-swapable hard drives for portables that could be plugged in a iMac or Mac Pro. This way I wouldn't have to maintain and sync 2 machines!

We're all allowed to dream...