Fossil Called Missing Link From Sea to Land Animals

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Apr 5, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

ny times

meanwhile, bones of angels are still not found.

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

So where are all the IDers who decried evolution 'because there are no transitional fossils'? Did God put this there to fool us?

3. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Supposedly, only one out of every billion creatures that ever lived becomes fossilized and even then only in certain places or chance events like erupting volcanoes. That's why evolution naysayers are so wrong, we've only begun to discover what's out there. Who knows how many more decades or centuries it will be before we uncover enough to really have a clear view of the evolutionary process?

4. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

This article kind of annoyed my fiancee (forensic anthropologist-in-training) because she said evolution is in evidence all around us. She mentioned the lung fish specifically, and said (as i understood it) that it stopped evolving millions of years ago because it found its niche and never needed to go farther.

What bugged her was the misrepresentation that evolution can only be seen in fossils. She also mentioned that the eyes of various creatures today can be shown to be evolved specimens of eachother. Also, that humans pass through many stages of evolution in gestation, including having gills.

It's strange, because one of my otherwise rational and intelligent friends thinks there's still a debate to be had about evolution. My fiancee says that's because he's never studied biology, and therefore has no reason to be opening his mouth upon the subject :p