Found an INstock vyper for my 13" macbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by meggo, Jul 19, 2006.

1. meggo macrumors newbie

On the Booq.com page they link you to places that sell it. Pivot Gear online has the vyper xs2 for the 13" macbook in stock if you don't want to wait till august

2. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

where do they list the other places that sell them?

thanks for the info, though!

3. marchcapital macrumors regular

marchcapital

i received the Vyper case i ordered for my Black MacBook today. its great...!

4. joebells macrumors 6502

pics pics pics

Please if possible. I had decided against one as it seemed thin and not protective but have read some ok things about them. I would really love to see how the macbook fits in it and such with it open and all.

5. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

yeah, i care less about pics, but am curious if it fits the MB "like a glove" like they claim.. i'm sure it probably does, but i'd like to hear it from someone that has bought and used one...

6. joebells macrumors 6502

eh I'm out reading about sleeves again(never ending process) and keep reading about this sleeve beign pretty flimsy mainly just a scratch protector.

7. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

well that's really all i'm looking for. a bit more padding and a scratch resistor. i don't man-handle my laptops so that i'd need any more protection than that..

8. joebells macrumors 6502

I ideally want something that will protect the macbook even when I'm using it but mainly I'm going for maximum protection when transporting it and seem to keep coming back to brenthaven fusion MB and their "core" system. Just wish I could find pictures of it.

9. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

ah, see, i only want protection for when i'm traveling with the MB. when i'm using it, the sleeve will be off anyways. plus the sleeve will also be put inside a laptop compartment within my backpack...

10. T-Stex macrumors 6502

Anything by Brenthaven with the "core" protection system will be extremely protective. I've got a Brenthaven Metro case (which is still for sale ;)), and I really feel like it could take a beating and not damage my MacBook at all. I've travelled with it a few times, and feel more comfortable with my MacBook in it than I have with any other case. I'd definitely recommend Brenthaven to anyone who wants a great quality, professional-looking case, with great laptop protection.

On a side note, I also ordered the Vyper XS2 from Pivotgear.com because it wasn't in stock in Booq's store, and they've been very helpful. I'd recommend them for other bags and stuff too.

11. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

just in case anyone hadn't noticed, booqbags.com has the vyper back in stock, while pivot gear is back ordered until aug 10.

12. dav macrumors 6502

Just got my vyper the other week, it is pretty sturdy. Far more than my zeroshock.