Found: Another Missing Link

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by pinto32, Mar 26, 2006.

1. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Pretty cool stuff...always good to see more evidence for evolution. :)

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

3. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

It's so fascinating how these hypothesists (not scientists) can find a skull from an ape or some other animal and say, "Well looky here! It has some of the same features as a human skull, so it must be our ancestor!", even though they have no body to go with it (or in the case of the Nebraska Man, they only have one tooth, not even a whole skull, and it turned out to be a pig's tooth). The fact is that they're stretching things as far as they can, even to the point where they're making up things as they go and calling it "proof". There has never been, nor will there ever be any proof of evolution whatsoever. It is a flawed theory from top to bottom, just as Darwin himself admitted in Origin of the Species. It's all done simply to aviod the truth that every person knows to be correct, but they're afraid to admit because it makes them responsible for how they live their life.

4. vniow macrumors G4

At first I thought this was sarcasm, but after looking at some of your previous posts I'm afraid its not.

Unfortunately.

5. emw macrumors G4

emw

Ah, yes, I'm afraid to admit the "truth" of, I'm assuming, creationism, because if I believe I evolved from something else I don't have to give a **** about anyone or anything else. Right.

6. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

It's this viewpoint that will bring the U.S. to its knees. Unfortunately.

Stunning.

7. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I would tend to believe God's creation has allowed an incredible miracle within God's plan for our evolving into an intelligent species, who are capable and responsible for caring for the earth as a whole. I don't claim we are doing a good job of it, but we are capable of doing so. Coexistence is better than dominance any day.

8. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

How are people who adhere to a religion that has no requirements for how you live your life save one (believe in JC) required to be more responsible than people who believe that life on this world matters?

9. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Are you saying I'm not responsible for how I live my life because I don't believe in your god? What a damned cheek!

10. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

your lack of understanding of science doesn't invalidate it.

11. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Two cheeks, in fact.

12. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Without hypotheses, there can be no science.

13. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

But me no butts.

14. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

There can't be any gods, either.

It's amazing how Christians, by example, seem to deny that humans have evolved. I think they're trying to disprove evolution but not embracing logic.

15. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

You're a gluteus for punishment.

16. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    A simple fact that humans today are taller and live longer is just a TINY example of evolution, dhsharits. Sorry to tell you this, but, I DO believe there's a God, but I also know that SCIENCE is FACT. Look at the dinosaur fossils. What the hell are those? Tricks of the devil?! BAH! Googleymoo!

Take it or leave it, but science as a whole has not only proven, but disproven many things of your religion. For instance: The Shroud of Turin. It's a fake. A complete, utter fake. And how can this be? A small thing called Carbon dating.

I suggest a subscription to the History Channel and Discovery Channel. Fascinating stuff.

17. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I do everything to the Maximus.

18. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

if the punning doesn't stop i'm going to abduct or report you.

19. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Oh, that's peder nasty.

20. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Another bum rap.

21. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    abduct like an alien or report like an illegal alien? :confused:

22. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

No need for the arsy attitude.

23. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I agree. Sadly, many who call themselves Christians do not. One of the reasons I've disavowed myself of the term, as I've done with conservative and liberal. Negative connotations and all, even if they weren't just meaningless labels. I don't know what this is, but I don't mind the hypothesis. That's what science is, finding answers and asking more questions. Science could just as easily prove or disprove it's authenticity, or even both! I just cannot understand how people think you can't be scientific and have faith at the same time. I realize there are extremists at both ends who ruin the party for everyone, as I said above, but why must we throw out everything because some things are unclear or seem to not make sense? Other parts that do are still valid.

Science is the pursuit of answers, not the answer itself. That's why they call things theories, and then seek to disprove them. And faith does not mean we shut ourselves off from other ideas. If your faith is strong enough, you are open to other interpretations. Well, some of us are anyway. That's what the color gray is for. ;)

24. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Faith is the triumph of assertion over evidence.