Found good cheap Macbook Pro & Macbook Memory

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Craigy, May 31, 2006.

1. Craigy macrumors 6502

I've just placed my 2nd order with this company below. I order 1 gig for our macbook pro and it worked great, so I have just ordered 2 x 1gig for my wife's macbook. With shipping the 2 x 1gig cost £95 with very fast delivery.

I was fed up with paying crucial prices and though I'd give these a go. Also you can pay with paypal which was convenient as I had some credit.

Anyway - just passing on.

[URL="http://www.omnitechnologies.biz]http://www.omnitechnologies.biz[/URL]

2. codo macrumors 6502

3. Craigy thread starter macrumors 6502

Welcome:)

4. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

yes, thank you, that is the best price i've seen

5. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

Read this:

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller13066.html

As you have a vested interest CanadaRAM, probably best for you to stop commenting in these "cheap RAM" threads, however much you'd like to advise on the subject. I'm not questioning your reputation, just highlighting that people need to make their own decisions without biased influence.

If Apple had a reseller rating entry I'm sure it'd be stuffed full of complaints from disappointed customers. That doesn't mean everyone is unhappy: the vocal minority - silent majority effect.

Oh, what have we here for the Apple Store:
    http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1725.html :rolleyes:

6. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

As you have no point in this thread, probably best for you to stop commenting in these "cheap RAM" threads that CandaRAM posts in, however much you'd like to criticize him on the subject (that he is an expert on I might add). I'm not questioning your intelligence, just highlighting that people need to make their own decisions by gathering information from all sources.

I know that i am really appreciative of his posts and helpfulness on this site. I have taken advice from him before on subjects and likely will again as he is extremely knowledgeable in a lot of computer subjects.

7. codo macrumors 6502

8. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

CanadaRAM is extremely helpful. In this thread he merely gave a link to check out reseller rating. Nothing biased.

9. mikemodena macrumors 6502a

mikemodena

Bought from them on eBay last summer for a Mac Mini... and by November they had completely **** out.

10. kevin.rivers macrumors 6502a

kevin.rivers

I bet you buy overpriced memory.

11. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

umm no. I buy from iGary

12. pilesofstones, Jun 1, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  13. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

I find it particularly troublesome a vendor posted a negative comment about another vendor of similar products. It is borderline illegal in the US and tacky at best.

14. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

No, he posted a link to a neutral site hosting comments by others.

CanadaRAM is by far the most helpful member here when it comes to questions about RAM...how dare he point out that a company has an absolutely abysmal track record! Sure, some people have had success with them, but their resellerratings.com score is the lowest I've ever seen.

15. iGary Guest

iGary

He has as much right to comment as anyone else. He didn't ask anyone to buy from him...

Go ahead; buy the crap, see if we care. Just don't come pouting here when you have problems with it. :rolleyes:

16. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

uh... what's CanadaRAM's "vested interest"? Does he work for Crucial or something?

If he does, he certainly never makes his bias interfere with advice.

17. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a

mmmcheese

Well, if he's not allowed to post it, then I will: http://www.resellerratings.com/seller13066.html

Problem solved.

18. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

It is called conflict of interest. I refrain from commenting in threads that are about the industry I am in. It is not fair to my competitors and it is not fair to readers of the thread. People will think I am giving an unbiased opinion when in fact I have a vested interest.

I know I am in the minority as he is a demi-GOD here but it doesn't make it right.

19. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

CanadaRAM is with, yes, that's right, CanadaRAM.

I have never seen him express a bias. He only tells people to buy from trusted vendors with RAM guaranteed to work in specific Mac models and with a lifetime warranty. He regularly recommends online vendors (usually Datamem) that aren't his own. He just provides sound advice about RAM.

20. iGary Guest

iGary

Uh, whatever.

Since most people here are in the U.S. or Europe, I see how he stands to gain much. If anything his posts are definitely more insightful and educational than anything.

The only people he has ever referred me to are his competitors...:confused:

You won't convince me otherwise.

21. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

Couldn't agree with this more.

CanadaRAM only provided a link to a reseller rating site. He did not say anything about his site or provide a link or anything. He merely pointed out that the services from that site suck and that if you buy from them be careful.

22. iamhammill macrumors 6502

iamhammill

I've never read CanadaRAM mention his company to buy from. He has helped me out with RAM purchases a little while ago, and referenced DMS and OWC.

Respect yo' elders.

23. kevin.rivers macrumors 6502a

kevin.rivers

And they are paying him, thats why their memory is so much more expensive. hmm... :rolleyes: