Found picture of Steve recovering

Discussion in 'Community' started by MrMoto, Sep 22, 2004.

1. MrMoto macrumors newbie

2. dross macrumors regular

dross

That's funny. :D :D :D I wonder what the artest reprensentation Bill G would look like? :eek:

3. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

4. dross macrumors regular

dross

I guess it would be more acurate to replace his head with the pink apendege. Then he would be a pink apendege head which would be fitting.

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Art. That fickle b!tch.

I was in London almost 2 years ago and went to the Tate with a friend. Inside, there was a video of a guy standing in a pantry, wearing a classic "Robber" rubber mask (sorta looked like Richard Nixon), wearing boxing gloves, and otherwise completely naked. He would shadow box for a second, then grab a bottle of chocolate or bbq sauce, squirt into the palms of his gloves, and then he'd start smearing it all over his body. He paid particular attention to his "nether" region. This whole thing would last maybe 2 minutes and the video would start over.
    I'm pretty open minded, and I think I have an appreciation for art. I didn't think that was art. I thought it was a drunken frat boy prank.

6. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I was at the Tate Modern as well 2 years ago, and I saw a video...actually, 2 videos running simultaneously.....where there was a video on the top TV of a person jumping up and down in an empty room in quite an angry fit. On the bottom TV, a person was jumping up and down as well, except he (or the video camera) was upside down, and he was also in a fit. All you heard was stomping. That's it.

Art shmart. Eyelikeart is going to have to explain some of these "works". Why does that thing have such a huge dingdong?

7. tomf87 macrumors 65816

tomf87

Call me simplistic, but I don't see what is so artistic about many things today.

Oh well, that was a good photo, nonetheless. :)

8. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

Loved the photo - Thanks very funny.

On art - I saw the word c**t on a piece of paper in a museum - it was written nicely though - obviously art.

9. tomf87 macrumors 65816

tomf87

Yeah, someone put a ton of creativity into that one.. :D

10. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    Well the apple as man's head is lifted from The Sone of Man by Rene Magritte and the exagerated 'carpet-like' appendage is very much of the Robert Crumb late 60's subersion era.

Just cos it's in a scupture doesn't make it an original interpretation. So there's nothing new to see here folks.....

Grrr... bleedin' so-called artists ....

11. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

I suppose it's better than some "artist" giving himself a paint enema and crapping on a canvas. :rolleyes:

12. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I knew a guy that drank non-toxic paint until he vomited it back up... to make art...

I think that's when I decided art wasn't a thing for me... there's talent and insanity... but I guess I have my own lines.

13. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That's a very funny piece of art. Don't think that will be shown in a US art museum anytime soon. I noticed that the apple is missing the bite. Was actually expecting to see a real picture of Steve, such as a discharge picture. :D

14. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

hhaaa haaa haaa!!! :D

lol, great pic that one. dont' know if i'd call that 'steve' though...

15. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

it's to symbolize teh POWERBOOKS NEXT TUESDAY!!!! theyll still be g4, but first it was 15", then 12" and 17" but now theyll build a powerbook with the 30" acd!!! it needs to be extra big diagonalyl for a special battery around the screen. some might call it ultra-portable though. depending on how tall that guy is it might be 35-40 inches to the floor including the extra bit on the floor. the apple should be pretty obvious. this is one apple that has yet to be bitten since it hasnt been intro'd yet.

16. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

That's some compliment. Guy who made it must be a Mac Fanatic, 'cause that pink part should be 2".