Four in 9/11 Plot Are Called Tied to Qaeda in '00

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Aug 8, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Considering the fact that Clinton was still prez in 2000...

3. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

Yup, and the month-long Crawford, Texas, vacation in August of 2001 just couldn't be disturbed by protecting the homeland and rounding up known Al-Qaeda visa holders.

4. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

so the first world world trader center bombing, the embassy bombings, and the uss cole attack shouldn't have been enough to round up Al-Qaeda visa holders?

5. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

In this case it would have been. I don't see how you could even begin to blame this on Bush...

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

At least Clinton listened to Richard Clarke before not doing much. He hands everything off to Bush, and Bush not only doesn't listen to him before 9/11, but ignores him afterward as well. Both of them dropped the ball, but Bush screwed up much worse IMO. Hindsight is 20/20 I suppose, but who's watch did it happen on? And who took us out of Afganistan to go to Iraq?

And where is that Bin Laden?

7. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

He's either "dead or alive," and as long as that's unknown, the "with us or against us" classifications would lump anti-war folks with bin Laden. Which, of course, is ironic because the war in Iraq has helped bin Laden and his cause.

8. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

"I don't know where he is and frankly, I'm not that concerned" - GW on Bin Laden awhile after 9/11 when we decided to invade Iraq. How this man is still President I'll never know.

9. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

He and his handlers are using the military as human shields and exploiting 9/11 in the most cynical way.

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

How could have Clinton done something? He was too tied up testifying in court about getting a BJ because neocons decided that finding out whether or not Clinton really banged an intern is more important than national security!

And Bush continued to do nothing about it. He had nearly 9 months before 9/11 to do something, and he didn't. And don't give me that "9 months is not enough" BS. The CIA and FBI knew the names of all of the hijackers on the evening of 9/11. Surely 9 months would have been more than enough time to find the hijackers (and anyone tied to a terrorist organization) and kick them out of the country. But instead, Bush did nothing. Oh wait, my bad. He did do something. He went on vacation. :rolleyes: