Foursquare Update Brings Explore to the Forefront of the App

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 10, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Foursquare has been updated to version 6.0, which includes a significant redesign that brings the Explore section to the forefront of the app. Previously Explore's search capabilities were hidden away, requiring a tap to access the search menu.
    [​IMG]
    The updated app provides a text search bar at the top of the home screen and a robust autocomplete engine provides quicker location suggestions and search results.

The overall look of the app has changed, with Foursquare combining previously separated sections into one major feed that lists friend check-ins, restaurant recommendations, and trending locations. Checking in, the cornerstone of the app, can now be accomplished with by tapping a prominent button on the home screen.

Foursquare is a free iPhone app that can be downloaded from the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Foursquare Update Brings Explore to the Forefront of the App

2. macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

That floating checkin icon is just bizarre (and wrong). The whole navigation feels very confused.

3. macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

Yeah the floating check in icon looks weird. Still need some time with it to get used to the new look and feel.

4. macrumors 6502a

Am3r1ca16

5. macrumors regular

Sounds like it would be handy on holiday...

...If...

...International roaming wasn't so utterly extortionate that I never bother using my phone!

6. CJK
    macrumors member

That's because they keep changing focus with every new version. When it was a check-in/gamification app, it was unique and fun. It hasn't been that for at least two major versions, and nearly all of my friends have stopped using it. I only use it as a way to create a kind of journal of where I've been with my kids -- as soon as I find a better app for that, I'm gone too.