Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

122859-4gen_ipod_touch_shipping.jpg

As noted by TiPb and several posters in our forums, Apple has begun issuing shipping notices for fourth-generation iPod touch orders.

Apple announced new iPod touch, nano, and shuffle models at last Wednesday's media event, noting that all models would launch sometime this week. Some users receiving shipping notifications are seeing delivery dates of this Friday, September 10th, while others are being quoted as late as next week Tuesday, September 14th.

Customers in the U.S. and Canada still looking to order an iPod touch through Apple's online stores are currently being quoted shipping estimates of one week, while customers in many other countries are seeing estimates of 5-7 business days.

Article Link: Fourth-Generation iPod Touch Orders Begin Shipping

SlamJam12

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
I wonder how fast they would sell out at an Apple Store. It concerns me knowing I would not be able to go in early because I have to work.

mperry93

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2009
Cincinnati
i just checked mine and it should be in on friday. Hopefully some cases will be out by then. I want to put mine in a case right out of the box

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
I will be taking my friend to go get one later this week. After her years long militant stance against anything iPod (she's not a fan of market leaders), she finally caved after playing with Words with Friends, Angry Birds, and Labrynth on my phone. She briefly toyed with the idea of an iPad, but chose against it since it doesn't do flash or other things her school uses.

Code.Red

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
My touch has been shipped as well. Coming straight out of KUNSHAN, CN. Let's see if they can get it here earlier than the Friday the 10th delivery date!

The Samurai

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
I have an Apple TV, iPod Nano and Touch added in the same order... showing as not yet shipped. I think once the Apple TV is available, the entire order will go out :eek:

applealex

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2009
California
Mine won't arrive until September 15th, but I ordered it last night. So was it first come first serve and those who preordered on September 1st get them first?

MaximusNL

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2005
Netherlands
Mine is still awaiting shipment :(

Was hoping for the end of this week yet there is no sign this will happen.

It's The Netherlands btw :)

Bitcrusher

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2010
Mine says it will be shipped september 21 and getting it the 28 :( FFFFUUUUU,

How much time do I have to cancel an order? Lets say if I found it in some store next week, then I would want to cancel it :confused:

I am in México btw :p

SlamJam12

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Shipment Reach

I wonder if this means the shipment of new iPods will reach Apple Stores tomorrow or Wednesday.

ghostshadow

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2006
Indianapolis
I thought they meant it would be in stores this week. It's one week after it was announced. I would think wed as well since that's when the 4.1 update comes out.

ajphares

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2010
I'm going to be upset if they ship the standard shipping orders today and wait to ship the overnight shipping orders until Wednesday/Thursday so everybody gets them at the same time. I would have blown my $15 or whatever...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.