Fox Chairman/CEO

Discussion in 'Macworld San Francisco 2008' started by coolant113, Jan 15, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

Jun 12, 2007
    New Jersey
    When he was onstage he reffered to the dvd... and then refered to the future and said that the future of dvd's is going to be Bluray.. i was very surprised that he shot down hd dvd.. which in my opinion is garbage..... Bluray will win and i hope they do win... actually i already think they did
  2. macrumors member

Jan 15, 2008
    When he said BLUERAY everyone thought that in that minute Steve will announce the Blueray integration to the product line.
    If you see the keynote in that moment the crowd makes some noise.

But nothing
  3. macrumors 65816

Sep 6, 2007
    Foothills to the Rocky Mountains
    Get the feeling that they didn't coordinate notes. :)
  4. macrumors 68040

Jan 14, 2002
    South Dakota, USA
    Well if you listen closely to Steve later on in the Keynote when he talks about the MacBook Air not having an optical drive he makes it sound like optical drives are the next thing that will be obsolete.

Blu-ray does have advantages over HD DVD, but I own an HD DVD player and it is not garbage. I am not here for another round of fighting over the formats and I am now neutral and will transition to Blu-ray by adding a player when prices come down, but in no way is HD DVD garbage. It is a good technology that was poorly marketed.