Fox hunting Banned & 5 men break into parliament

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by boomtopper, Sep 15, 2004.

1. boomtopper macrumors member

boomtopper

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3656524.stm

It looks like fox hunting has now been banned in the uk.
    And the lack of security is amazing. It makes you wonder if men like these can get in other terrorists will be able to get in?
    What are people's feelings on this?

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Just saw this on the news, our "security" is a f**king deep embarrassment recently :mad: :rolleyes:

Glad they're banning hunting though, there's absolutely no need for it.

3. takao macrumors 68040

takao

perhaps they had superpowers too ? ;)

on the ban: is it only banning the way how foxes are hunt or are they banning it completly ?

4. Zaid macrumors 6502

As far as I know, it's a ban on hunting with dogs, i don't think it says anything else about other types of hunting.

It's about bloody time that this was bill was passed.

What happened exactly. They were threatening to use the parliament act, did they have to, or has it passed to the Lord's first?

5. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

What would banning hunting with dogs accomplish and why do it?
    For those in the UK what are you currently allowed to hunt with dogs now?

6. brap macrumors 68000

BBC news:
    Peers and their vested f**king interests... it's not yet been passed thanks to our wonderful second house. As a side, does anyone know when the last time the Parliament Act was used? Or even threatened to be used??

Edit: to answer own question; hereditary peerages a few years ago. Those old boys are sure being feisty of late...

7. boomtopper thread starter macrumors member

boomtopper

I am so glad that the hunting ban is finally going through.
    New Labour said they would do it but it looked like for a while they would not do it. Fox hunting is so barbaric you have loads of followers follow the hunt through the village i live in. And these followers why do they follow, i think they just follow them because they have bloodlust!
    The riots around parliament have been disgraceful as well. They remind me of the riots during maggie thatchers era.

8. boomtopper thread starter macrumors member

boomtopper

Its even more embarasing when 4 days ago we had batman on a ledge outside buckingham palace.
    The security of our country is a joke. What if they were real terrorists?

9. brap macrumors 68000

Ah, but where's Arthur Scargill when you need him, eh?

10. boomtopper thread starter macrumors member

boomtopper

They are banning the way we hunt foxes (with dogs). They will ban all hunting which use dogs!

11. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

12. kronos2611 macrumors member

Having grown up in the countryside in Scotland I know how much some small towns and villages depend entirely on hunting. When the bans do eventually go through (and they will - UK wide, the Scottish Parliament merely pretends to have power) thousands of people will lose their jobs. This is bad in the short term, but long term the economies will change for these small towns, usually for the worst but change they will. Parallels can be drawn with the miners strikes and protests many years ago (hopefully this won't get that bad...), and yet again the protestors will lose.

The thing I find very bad is the way in which the pro-hunting lobbey is now going. I guess in the end it will be found that a member of the press let the guys into the commons - it made a great story after all...