FOX launches Terminator-themed, location-based MMORPG for iP...

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Sep 24, 2008.

1. macrumors bot

[​IMG]

Category: 3rd Party Software
    Link: FOX launches Terminator-themed, location-based MMORPG for iPhone
    Description:: FOX Broadcasting has launched a web and iPhone-based game called Ambush [App Store] that ties to its TV series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Ambush is a simplistic MMORPG that places the player in a virtual city and relies upon real-time iPhone GPS location information to track players within the game world.

Posted on MacBytes.com
    Approved by Mudbug

2. macrumors 6502a

donga

3. macrumors 68020

jayducharme

I'm not so sure. The title itself might be limited, but the concept of using GPS to locate "real" enemies and traps is pretty intense. I could see this developing so that groups could use the iPhone like the Terminator's eye, seeing things on the screen that aren't visible in their current location.

It could also be used for a treasure hunt style game, where you have to use Maps to navigate an area and zero in on a prize. Android's 3-D map feature would be awesome for that.

4. macrumors G5

nagromme

I got terminated at Denny's :( But I terminated two others so I'm still ahead :)

Yep, lots of possibilities. Graffitio (free) already does that in fact: you can post messages anywhere, which only other Graffitio users can see. It's a neat concept.

5. macrumors member

Downloaded but it's crashing all the time

I did not get it. Tried to login but where do I create the login? If I try to locate myself, the app crashes. Any idea what am I doing wrong? :)

Erick Pessôa