Fox News Admits To Being Part of a "Conservative Team"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Oct 9, 2005.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

op/ed from newshounds

2. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

I don't understand by Murdoch (Australian) wants to back this neo-con agenda. Matter of fact, I don't understand why any real AMERICAN would want to back these clowns either. Isn't the idea to support freedom and democracy, why pursue a theocracy here in the U.S.?

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I remember a time when newsman reported the news and facts instead of bending the news for their agenda. Its a sad time to be an American when you have even the News people distorting or ignoring news. Fox is Bias and thats obvious to everyone. All the anchors might as well have Bush stickers,Buttons and Flags because that is their slant. The NeoCon is destroying the things that make us Great. Little things like Freedom,Liberty and Human Rights.

4. crdean1 macrumors 6502a

crdean1

I wouldn't say this is big news, most major media outlets, in my opinion lean left, whereas Fox leans right. It has been that way for some time.

5. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Really? Where is your evidence of this left-leaning media?

6. crdean1 macrumors 6502a

crdean1

I kind of figured you would ask this, and I did state that this is my opinion.

One example I have harped on quite a bit recently is the media's coverage on Katrina, hammering FEMA while not saying much at all about the local Democratic city and state leaders, who in my opinion were as much or more at fault.

7. katchow macrumors 6502

actually worldnetdaily is filled w/ all kinds of fun articles. my personal fav:

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Au contraire. There was a ton of bad press for state and local Democrats, much of it as you can see was unfounded.

Not that they don't share some blame mind you.

The media was harping on the lack of a federal response so fast because it was so readily apparent from the get-go. The failed state and local responses were as apparent because you couldn't communicate with them right away, and their failings didn't become apparent until later. The media has not given liberals a pass on Katrina.

9. tristan macrumors 6502a

It's the unholy alliance between the religious right, the military, and big business. They really have very little in common, but combined, they're almost unstoppable so they support each other. Fox is in the "big business" camp.

10. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

A pair of quotes:
    First, William Kristol, editor of the Weekly Standard and former chief of staff for VP Dan Quayle
    - "I admit it: The liberal media were never that powerful, and the whole thing was often used
    as an excuse by conservatives for conservative failures."

Second, Pat Buchanan, "I've gotten balanced coverage and broad coverage - all we could have
    asked. ... For heaven sakes, we kid about the liberal media, but every Republican on Earth does that."