Fox news or al jazeera?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by freeny, Jan 6, 2006.

1. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

This question was brought up last night on the forums my wife hangs out on. I found it quite interesting in the fact that I couldnt decide. Who would you trust more in getting your news, Fox news or al jazeera?

2. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

al Jazeera legitimate and well respected news source,Faux news well do I have to say.

3. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

It depends a bit on the topic. I'd trust Al Jazeera more on US politics, FOX News on US pop culture and sports, neither on Israel/Iraq...

I'd sort of trust my ability to gather information from FOX more in that I'm more familiar with it (I rarely read Al Jazeera) so I can interpret FOX news more accurately.

4. Uma888 macrumors 6502

5. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

That article was somebodys idea of humour.

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

All news sources have some input, if for no other reason than you can get clues as to why and who wants something said. If a story gets picked up on Drudge, and bandied about the blogs for a few hours, then shows up on FOX as someone 'reporting that there's this story about a rumor' (rather than outright engaging in rumormongering), you can be pretty sure someone in the Republican establishment wants that rumor out in public. And that in itself is information.

I guess what I'm saying, is that with very few exceptions, I'm not a big fan of ignoring one media outlet or another. Sure I have my preferences, but the internet makes it easy to peek in on some of the others.

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Fox bought The Onion, and they write what they deem to be serious articles on that website. Every reader laughs at those articles, but the writers at Fox high-five each other for another job well done.

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I'd rather be an idiot than get news from either of the 2.

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I don't like either of them. Far too liberal for me. Damn liberal media.