foxtrot on MWSF

Discussion in 'Community' started by Royal Pineapple, Jan 3, 2003.

1. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    OUCH

pretty bad when even the comics are slammin' apple...

2. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

foxtrot is the best comic strip in the papers, the author seems to be very up on the times....

3. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Re: OUCH

The guy is an Apple fanatic and isn't slamming them any more then any of the rest of us would.

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Re: OUCH

That sounds about right, he's just showing his frustration with Apple - we've all done that before. And who isn't waiting for Apple to break the 2 GHz barrier....:D

D

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Don't give Bill Amend a hard time. He loves Macs and uses a blue G3 to produce his FoxTrot strips, where he does "affectionate parodies" of Apple. He even uses Project Builder! Read his Macworld interview. Hey, Bill. Are you a MacRumors member?

6. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

I love it! Fox Trot has always been in-the-know about this stuff. I am totally in with the 1.5GHz quip. Good stuff! Probably not a lot of generic PCers out there would understand the comic as well as we do. :)

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

He did a similar joke about having Unix underneath Mac OS X. It mentioned the chmod command, so it was even more of an inside joke than this one. I haven't been able to find a copy of that strip on the web.

8. diorio macrumors 6502a

Foxtrot is awesome. I remember at one point the mother was buying apple computers (imacs I think) all over the place because they were so cute. Great stuff.