Foxtrot

Discussion in 'Community' started by MongoTheGeek, Jun 22, 2005.

1. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I still don't get the second frame. Wouldn't it be that women don't like nerds?

Meh, anyway, it was posted here just a little earlier. :)

2. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

I dunno I think nerds at like the new fashion or something.

Maybe it's cool to like them now.

Doesn't really make sense.

But if you read it from Jason's point of view he doesn't want a girl.

3. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I took it cause he doesn't like them, being a little boy and all. As a teen he would probably exploit his geekiness.

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

It's a follow up from Monday and yesterday:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit: OOPs wrong links...

5. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

Somebody's been reading slashdot... (can't be bothered to find the link, but slashdot ran a story about nerds making better lovers last week or so)

6. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

7. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

Right, since Tiger Woods is such a geek. The guy's never even seen sunlight! Oh.. wait...

8. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

The article never says that money/power hurt in the examples they list.

It's not like pro golfers are beating off super models with sticks either. I don't know Tiger personally so I cannot comment on his geekiness. Just because someone is rich and famous doesn't mean that they are not a geek.

9. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

Hahahah Nasacar.

Thanks for that.

I guess that article does make a bit of sense.
    I think another thing though is that maybe "geeks" are a lot more socially functionable now. So this is why there is a growing trend.

10. efoto macrumors 68030

It's so hard to find a true socially inept geek these days, them being all socially fucntionable and such they almost fit right in. Pocket-protectors have transformed to PDAs and portable A-track players to iPods....they are just like all the cool kids I want to hate :p (haha, I love being me and hating everyone else....I'm the best obviously :rolleyes: )

[/heavy sarcasm]

11. Brother Michael macrumors 6502a

Brother Michael

Interesting. But to be honest, I have never put too much stock into stereotypes like this.

I am a geek. But I do not think I resemble one. I have some trendy clothes for when I go out, I lift wieghts, I play *some* sports, I like drinking as much as the next guy. But when it comes down to it, I am a geek at heart.

I roleplay (or used too, haven't in awhile), I LOVE computers, I like video games, I play games with minitiature men and in general relate to other people who like these things rather than the above.

I dunno, it gives me hope...kinda...

Mike

12. Brother Michael macrumors 6502a

Brother Michael

You sound like someone that would relate to Maddox

ENJOY!

Mike

13. efoto macrumors 68030

By that definition probably everyone on MR could be classified as a geek, but I bet you some would deny their new label. I agree that I am geek too, but not the stereotypical kind, which is what was mentioned is the dying breed. I haven't seen a pocket-protector in a long long time :(

14. efoto macrumors 68030

That is simply the single best website ever, the perfect url actually :p

I thought this was especially funny, being the home for the attached image.

I think I just sh** myself laughing so hard, back in a few :D

Attached Files:

15. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

it's all a lie. Women like guys who are no good for them. Always have, always will.

16. efoto macrumors 68030

I couldn't agree with you more. It is an inevitable thing that you will be dumped at some point in your life and she will date the biggest loser on the planet in your place. Face it, nice guys really do finish last, and all the people finishing before them (haha, not in that way....silly) are all the crack-fiend loonies that ruin all the nice girls. Thanks, dic*s :(

Wait, what does this have to do with Foxtrot again?? :confused:
    I've got it, he is pretending not to be a....oh nevermind.

17. efoto macrumors 68030

I stand corrected, THIS is by far better. I LOVE this site, funniest things I have read in a long long time. I have to give the author credit, it isn't just completely stupid comments (although some are) but there is some real funny content there.

18. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

I think Tiger comes close, though. Here's a link to his wife/model

http://www.cliphoto.com/social1/elin.htm

19. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

That's kind of the point of the article I had linked to initially. Pro golfers are not generally considered supermodel fodder. Tiger has a supermodel wife, what makes Tiger different, money, fame, and possibly geekiness? Not sure.

Other examples in the article are much better than Tiger. Courtney Cox and David Arquette is probably the best, you can't tell me Cox couldn't have had a choice of many people with more money/fame and better looking than Arquette.

20. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

I agree with you. I also fit the social functioning geek category.

A lot of people are surprised when they find out how into computers I am.

21. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

I think there is currently an age line with socially inept geeks (I classify myself as one) somewhere around 1980. Some of us born prior to 1980 went through a fairly good chunk of our lives before these things became popular. When video games/computers started showing up those of us who were socially inept to begin with gravitated towards the newer forms of entertainment that required little social interaction. Since computers are now available everywhere it's not such a surprise that the entirety of the younger crowd has become interested in computers, including those who have great social interaction skills, thus leading to a large contingent of people who do well socially and know quite a bit about computers.

22. efoto macrumors 68030

It couldn't possibly be that Tiger is the highest grossing pro-golfer ever, or that he doesn't look nearly as old and broke as most of those guys on tour. The fact that he is young and *handsome* and famous, rich to boot, I'm sure none of that plays in. She definitely feel for his geekiness, I'm sure of it.

Can someone please implement Sarcasm tags right after U in the reply area? It would be perfect, B, I, U, S....although I am lost for what neat feature we could give words within those tags. Oh well, that isn't my job, that is a job for all of you! :rolleyes:

23. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

My friend actually has the bright idea of wanting to invent tags for sarcasm, as they will be much needed in the coming years as more and more communication is done over the internet.

For now, creative use of italics often gets the point across.

24. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Show me where I said that it was the geekiness that got her. I never said that money and fame hurt you in the hunt for a supermodel wife. I was just illustrating that golfers as a whole have not been considered magnets for supermodels. Tiger is not the best example in the article, I freely admit this, but I do not know what attracted his wife to him and I don't know how much of a geek he is, so I cannot prove or disprove it.