fps gamer with a 12" powerbook

Discussion in 'Games' started by GonzoRob, Oct 6, 2005.

1. GonzoRob macrumors 6502

GonzoRob

Hey guys,

Ive been a first person shooters addict since 1994 and spent the last few years on CS:S - however due to recent fiscal issues my super l33t pee-cee had to be sold, leaving me with a (crack-like) addiction to fulfill...
    I bought UT2004, and it didnt cut it, the mods are also not really up to scratch (and run really badly on my PB) - So im asking for suggestions, what FPS's will run at 20+frames per second (im using an additional 17" TFT, so running at a 1280x1024 would also be a bonus) and are addictive/ fun.
    I was thinking Quake 3 CS:S style mods or an opensource game..

Hit me back with any ideas

Rob

2. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

3. Whyren macrumors 6502a

Whyren

An oldie but a goodie, Marathon (Aleph One). You could also play the original Unreal Tournament (which some argue is better than '03/'04) on OS X. Or, if you can find a copy of it, Oni.

4. GonzoRob thread starter macrumors 6502

GonzoRob

5. GonzoRob thread starter macrumors 6502

GonzoRob

actually, this - http://www.truecombat.com looks like my kind of fix. Aparently there is a working mac build for the next version .. i just have to wait. Talk on the internet is that it's just as fun as CS:S .. Hopefully i dont have to wait for long ;)
    Oh yes, it's totally free , thank god (or i.d) for Wolf:ET

Any other mac CS:S junkies, i'll see you server side soon ...
    Rob

6. lordmac macrumors regular

Three Words: Duke Nukem 3D. Easily get +80 fps on my rev. a 12 inch powerbook.

7. freeorangeshoes macrumors member

thanks for the fyi on truecombat...never heard of it before but it looks equal to if not better than CS.