FPS right-handed?

Discussion in 'Games' started by chairguru22, Jun 25, 2006.

1. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

playing COD2 today i noticed that all FPS are right-handed (on screen, pull trigger with right hand, steady with left). i guess since most of the world is right-handed that's how they make FPS. however, i write/throw right-handed but would more comfortably use my left hand to pull a trigger so games always look slightly odd to me. anyone else share this?

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well ocasionally theres a left hand option in fps games. I'm a lefty but cant say it really bothers me, after all its a game and not real, so does it really matter.....

3. smwatson macrumors 6502a

smwatson

As a lefty, i have no problem with all people in games being right handed. And anyway, the majority of shooters give you the option to change the hand you hold your gun with. Just a note, if you fire an M4 (standard US army issue assault rifle) left handed, you would get a very hot bullet casing in your face ;)

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

You know tooooo much ;)

5. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

The only character I'm aware of that is left-handed is Link from Zelda games. Never seen any others.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Arrrr that explains my afinity towards the character. But what about the green pixie outfit (on me not link :D )

7. Malfoy macrumors 6502a

Malfoy

8. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

you can get a left handed version of most weapons including the M4, i'm not sure if the marines issue such left and right handed weapons, but it's not like left handed people are restricted from such carbines.

9. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

there was an article about this in either Game Informer or OXM...

dammit i posted as zap2, sorry, this is sb58 :p