Frag Ops (for UT 2003) Released!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Santaduck, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Santaduck macrumors 6502a

Oct 21, 2003
    Frag.Ops, the semi-realism full conversion mod for Unreal Tournament 2003, has been released. It should blow the socks off of CS or TO.

1) Download version alpha 1.0 full, and the 1.1 patch at
    2) Download the MacFragOpsInstallKit here:

Note: Currently, Frag Ops is incompatible with UT2K3 v2225.1 patch, but Ryan Gordon has identified the problem, and it will be fixed in UT2K3 v2225.2 when it comes out. For now, downgrade to 2225.0 (actually just downgrade the UT2003-bin app binary in the System folder of the Unreal Tournament 2003 package contents. Note that FO is indeed compatible with the OpenAL update included with in v2225.1.

Happy Fragging!

Description from Frag-Ops Web site:

Tactical team-based play involving two opposing forces: Mercenaries and Special Ops

* 8 unique combat environments, including a 3-map desert trilogy, dimly lit nighttime assaults, a freezing arctic base, even a helicopter crash in a ravaged modern city
    * Two gametypes, RoundGame and Mission
    * Players can gain cash and weapon prizes by achieving medals awarded for skill and tactics
    * 12 fully functional weapons: 5 Rifles, 3 SMG's, 2 Sidearms, 1 Shotgun, and 1 LAW
    * Weapon Attachment and upgrade system, allows combination of attachments
    * Dynamic Object Manipulation: deflect grenades with gunfire or scoop them away with bayonets! Shoot weapons on the ground to destroy them or knock them away from people!
    * Chainable Mission system allows for mappers to create more than 200 seperate objectives per team
    * Countless types of missions, including a nuclear missile launch scenario
    * Original gravity-based bullet aiming system that requires weapon control and sharp reflexes
    * 16 individual body hitzones, covered by 6 seperate plates of body armor
    * Custom ragdoll death system generates random death sequences depending on weapons used
  2. BIGgui_X_ macrumors member

Sep 5, 2003
    How do you install an umod in ut 2003 ?
    for UT, i had an installer....

please, help !

3. Santaduck thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oct 21, 2003
    Announcement: Frag.Ops v1.2 has been released!
    This is a FULL install, so you don't have to install 1.0 & 1.1.

Again, Download mirrors are available at:
    1) (<-- links not up yet)

To Big_GUIX:

The game is being released as a ZIP file, not a uMOD.
    Therefore, just use Stuffit Expander & Install the result.

I have made a mac installer for Frag.Ops, available at
    It also includes a launcher & INI files, so even if you manually install, you will need this "macfragopsinstallkit"!

Note: See my manual installation instructions in this thread:

Also Note: my installer currently has some permission issues, and may not work properly on some macs. See the thread above for more details.