France being threatened by terrorists

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Kid Red, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Kid Red macrumors 65816

Link

It goes to say that since France banned headscarves and promotes nudity and wine it's blood will flow to it's borders. It's from some Allah god is great but you need to kill for him fanatic group that's upset because of the head scarf ban. So, as I understand it, French people will now die because of this ban? They will mame, murder and scar hundreds of innocent people because no one can wear a head scarf? So, their god tells them to kill anyone who bans clothing? So, if France also imposes a no smoking law, will they kill also? "I will kill all those who say I can't wear a scarf!"

I just don't understand the mentality behind this rational. They tell all the muslims to avoid crowds. Ah, if France is that bad why don't the current muslim residents riot, picket, vote, educate or get the fook out? Yes, I know, that sounded a bit harsh, but I'm countering the 'kill westerners who don't follow our religion' bullcrap. Because we are free and can express ourselves in many ways, women can vote, can read and tell their man to shut the F up and speak their own mind, we are infidels that should perish? Huh?

Do they realize they are marring the image of muslims by doing crap like this? I just think they are taking this world to a new age, an age that invokes terror and is countered by heavily armed security. They are going to put the world powers on alert and soon on the offensive and they can only blow themselves up for so long.

Sorry fro the rant, but suicide bombings because of a ban of article of clothing seems rather moronic and slightly extreme. Wow, kinds sounds like Al Qaeda.

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

i'd give it a 95% chance of being a hoax perpetrated by people upset with the ban. for the most part, terrorist organizations seem intent only with striking countries that interfere with the middle east. france may be going secular, but they're doing it within their own borders. there's no reason for a terrorist strike, it would go against the principals they're "fighting" for.

but, anymore, there are any number of groups that might do harm like this, and then blame it on the ever popular, generic terrorists. it's creating quite an easy motus.

paul

3. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

wait a second... the people of france being targeted for their "freedoms" when it is exactly their lack of freedom to wear the type of clothing they want that is upsetting people??? please explain

that said, there is no valid reason to target civilians with terrorist strikes. and as you said, it's a matter of taking up public protest, etc to win the right to wear their religious attire.

i haven't read up on it... what's the reason the scarves were banned? so as to keep muslims from standing out in public?

4. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    The head scarf ban is only in schools. It was banned because they are banning all religious emblems in schools. kids can wear crucifixes or yarmulkes either.

Terrorists attack civilians because the civilians control the government. Its the price of living in a democracy.

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Well, the french government has just said that the correspondence doesn't look like normal terrorist correspondence... different rhythm, and it's signed by a man who died in the 2002 chechen-theater-hostage thing, but with a misspelled name. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it's entirely fake.

Even though it's against my politics, i support the ban. school is no place for religion, and it's fine in small doses-- but it never *stays* in small doses. pretty soon kids wind up feeling excluded and persecuted (but, as long as your religion isn't being persecuted, who cares, right?)... it does bother me a bit that these kids are forced to disrespect tradition like headscarves... it's not like the bible requires christians to wear "wwjd" shirts and crosses... but, from what i understand, muslim girls *are* required to wear the scarves. maybe not the most ideal solution here.

paul

6. numediaman macrumors 6502a

See, the French are fighting terrorism -- sort of.

Driver tried to hit 'Bin Laden'

A driver in Montpellier, France, has been convicted for trying to run over a pedestrian he mistook for fugitive al-Qaeda boss Osama Bin Laden.

A court gave the 35-year-old man - named as Pierre, a struggling artist - a three-month suspended sentence.

His victim ran from the oncoming car, escaping injury when the vehicle slammed into the side of the street.

"It wasn't Bin Laden," the driver's lawyer, David Mendel, said. "If it was, we would have won US$5 million."

Mr Mendel argued that his client had been the victim of a temporary hallucination, triggered by anxiety over the global terror threat.​

EDIT: you want it, you got it. here's the link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3520266.stm

7. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

that's awesome. got a link? would like to send this story around. :)

8. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

is that all it is, $5 million? i thought it was higher...

9. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

actually, by my definition, it's not terrorism unless it's directed against civilian targets