France Won't Say Which Side It Wants To Win War...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by taeclee99, Mar 27, 2003.

1. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

2. voicegy macrumors 65816

voicegy

Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
    Which side do we want to win? Which "side" do you think it is INEVITABLE to win? Silly question if ya ask me.

3. shakespeare macrumors 6502

Vive la france. I want France to win. France.

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

France is France, they vote for 1441 and then say they will veto ANYTHING from U.K/USA. Wont fight for Iraqi's freedom but then says it will if they use chemical weapons. WHAT THE? To much wine, to much cheese i guess.

5. taeclee99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

Of course we know what side will win. That is not the question.
    I am asking who do you think should win?

I am sure most people have a opinion on this matter and have chosen sides.

I obviously am rooting for the US of A!!!!

6. pantagruel macrumors regular

France has openly stated that if Iraq decides to use Chemical warfare then it will join in with the U.S. in the fight against Iraq, since though that they did not agree to a war and neither did the U.N. they are not going to blindly follow the U.S.
    Though now that we are hearing that Iraq is killing P.O.W.'s and using such dirty tactics then perhaps they will join earlier then expected, that is if you expect Iraq to eventually use Chemicals.
    Anyways the fact that they said if Iraq does so (x) then they will join with America should be a good enough answer for you, they have never ever stated they are on the side of Iraq.

7. Ifeelbloated macrumors regular

Man, those French. Gotta love 'em huh? Is there any other country that's so small yet so uppety? Geez.

8. shakespeare macrumors 6502

9. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

10. shakespeare macrumors 6502

Damn straight. Size of your beloved Texas, they are.

11. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

12. Ifeelbloated macrumors regular

"Bonjourrrrrr, ya' cheeze eatin' surrender monkeys." -- Groundskeeper Willie

13. pantagruel macrumors regular

Arn has warned everyone that comments like those will get you banned without warning, if you have an opinion then give it but dont preach your prejudice here or go name calling, France should be respected for their views on peace, in fact their leader indeed does have a nobel peace prize.
    They are not a small country, if France didnt matter then none of you would be talking about them, but they indeed do matter and you are talking about them. hah. they are sure not talking about you sir.

14. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

A non answer from Villipen speaks volumnes about what France really thinks. Going to the UN for anything is a waste of time! We should let them have a little part of the food relief to see if successful!

15. conceptdev macrumors regular

Not answering the question is a way of refusing to legitimize the conflict under international law and a way of restating a desire for peace.

You can't try go about peacefull conflict resolution with a straight face while saying "I really hope party a wins." That would just be an absurd stance to take wouldn't it?

16. shakespeare macrumors 6502

Hear, hear.

Albert Einstein said once that, if he knew a man advocated war, he could say that he despised him without knowing anything else about him.

17. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

First off, bloated's post has been reported to the mods. Hopefully he'll be dealt with in course.

Primarily, I'm DISGUSTED that there is a thread on this site referring to "winning" this war.

There's going to be NO WINNER.

Saddam's a dead goose, innocent iraqis will die. innocent americans will die, our economies will be decimated, international relations are going to become tougher, and of course, bushie won't win re-election....

So no winners here. Never winners in war. So I think France not sayig anything shows how smart the french might be... smarter than us cocky americans. :( :(

18. taeclee99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

The only way there will be peace is to have total victory by one side. I would rather have the US side win. Not taking a stand on the issue is morally bankrupt and an attempt to dodge the issue.

19. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

hey guys, let's keep it in perspective.... bloated's post was a quote from the simpsons....

let's take it for what it is.. a joke.

20. taeclee99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

Of course there will be a winner in this conflict. Every war has a victor.

Yes Saddam is toast and people on both sides will die. That is the unfortunate price of freedom. Thousands of Amercians died to liberate the French and other Europeans from the clutches of the Nazi's. We were victorious in WW2. We will win this war.

21. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

who won in vietnam?

korea?

22. shakespeare macrumors 6502

Oh, haha, well, if it's from the Simpsons, then all's well ;) :D

Sorry, I guess I get a little touchy when it comes to the war, because it depresses me immensely and it makes me very sad and angry when it seems to please others. Again, sorry.

23. taeclee99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

I will tell you. Vietnam was won by the communists once the Americans lost their will to carry on. There is no winner in Korea because technically that war never ended. There is a cease fire in effect.

24. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Korea? what the ? vietnam was another conflict you jelloshot eating son of a gun.Iraq is not Vietnam. France weaves as the wind blows, they sold the nuclear power plant to iraq, they vote 1441, they then say veto, they sell things to the iraqi's around the U.N. and then pretend to take the high ground. I am sorry but i have no respect for a country who has done this, What is wrong with getting rid of the killer murderous tyrants in the 21st century is beyond me. Just look at Saddam and the things they constantly do. If you dont want the world to get rid of the Saddams then you want the world in chaos, i dont want this kind of world. I want a world in peace and every individual can do and think as he wants not think as Saddam wants or we will kill your family members as Saddam has done. We will never have utopia as long as Murderer's are allowed to run countries.

25. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy