fraud at macfanaticshop

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mistral, Jul 15, 2004.

1. mistral macrumors newbie

I would like to know if there are more people who bought at macfanatic shop, and didn't got a thing. What steps could be taken to get this site down and get some money back

:mad:

2. w00tmaster macrumors regular

How much of a paper trail do you have?

If you have stuff documented then contact the Better Business Bereau(can't spell) or the FBI. Like the previous post said, there is also a website set up to catch this guy. Good luck!

3. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Let me guess you did not use a credit card, right?

You might want to contact the Attorney General's office for the state that the shop is located in.

4. svenr macrumors regular

Hi Mistral,
    other ppl already pointed you to my site bustspammers.com/macfanaticshop-fraud, unfortunately you didn't find it earlier. I wish someone would make this a Sticky!

Please post your experience at the Mac Whiz thread that started it all, like when and what did you buy, how much was it, how did they communicate with you, any names, numbers, addresses they used, how did you pay for it, etc. That thread has the most complete information and it's better to have everything in one place:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=41856

And then, by all means contact the authorities! Contact info on my website.

5. goodwill macrumors regular

Fraud on the internet is becoming so rampant. Its unbelievable. I know they say identity theft now happens to 1 in 4 people. Thats the same ratio of people who have stds. Man it would be tough to have an std and get your identity stolen. Although, for some, depending on the STD, theyd probably be glad to have their identity stolen haha. Anyway.......... the mac fanatic shop situation is ridiculous, I have been through several scamming situations of people trying to obtain personal information (credit card etc. without any authorization) in the past 48 hours its been amazing. In some cases you have to live and learn. Hopefully youre not out a buttload of cash in the case, but never, never, never give out any information to any telemarketer especially and never never never give information out to someone you dont know.