Fraud?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by bravesfan007, Aug 28, 2006.

1. bravesfan007 macrumors newbie

Is this site a fraud? http://wholesale-4all.com/default.asp It seems to be a fraud to me, because of the fact of a 4GB Nano for $118 and a 30GB Ipod for less than $150, but I'm not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

2. kered22 macrumors 6502

kered22

3. drummerbooker14 macrumors 6502

drummerbooker14

i usually try to stick to well known websites and would never go near something like this because i have been jipped before

4. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

From the FAQ,

Q) What is your payment method?

A) Western Union wire transfer (Additional information on how to make the payment will be emailed attached to the invoice).

that says it all...

5. prodigiousfool macrumors newbie

bad memories

I ran into scores of sites like these when the first canon digital rebels' came out. All of them sold the "grey market" cameras which i loved becuase retail was $1000, and they were offering them for $650.

After weeks of fighting with them, telling them i didn't want the add on lenses or extra batteries or chargers i finally placed an order and they never shipped. Luckily they never charged my card and i just canceled the order, but from that point on i didn't even bother looking though sites like those. Wasn't worth my time or effort, and typically i simply never got any products at the end anyway.

Just my 2 cents

6. garfield2002 macrumors regular

This is just a horrific example of a scam. :mad: These prices are rediculous!!!

This line from their FAQ gets me:

Q) Can I request a product that's not on your site!?

A) YES! We will be very prompt with answers.

In addition I just googled the address in the contact section:

937 W Broad St
    Richmond, VA 23220

It appears to be for an EB Games store front (Electronics Boutique, reputable chain US retailer for those who are international) in Richmond VA. It's sad to think what kind of threats the store is receiving from scam victims.

7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

It is not a scam, it is a money making scheme. :p

And I can take payment on any product for a bigger discount, and I WILL deliver you a box.

And the box will be full of shattered dreams. ;)

Of course, if I get too many orders I will have to resort to standard postcards to cut down on postage costs.

8. garfield2002 macrumors regular

LOL That's great. :) Thanks for cheering me up Sun Baked. I was getting a bit steamed. :)

9. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I know where this is...it's RAMZ Hall, a new dorm at Virginia Commonwealth University. There's retail along the street, and EB Games is one of those shops. Somehow I doubt they're responsible for this scam site...

10. garfield2002 macrumors regular

That's kind of cool that you know where this is. I'm am also quite sure that they are not responsible for the website. It seems like who ever these people are, they just stole a random address to give an impression of authenticity to their scam. I'd bet that the Europe address and probably the phone number are fake as well. :)

11. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

An interesting sidelight on that dorm (that really has nothing to do with the scam site...sorry for threadjacking). While it was under construction several years ago, someone threw a cigarette butt down a debris chute, starting a fire that destroyed the building and damaged 30 other nearby buildings, causing many millions of dollars in damage. But the developers recovered and ended up with a very nice project...