Freaky IE Day ????

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Fosterhere, Apr 7, 2003.

1. Fosterhere macrumors newbie

Just loged on after doing some work.
    Jumped on Internet explorer and everything looked different all my setting have been reset. My homage has been Google for some time now but it reset to livepage. the preferences were changed. Then I went to this forum and I had to LOG IN :confused: I didn't log out. I tried the other computers in the house SAME thing. Just talking to a buddy of mine in Boston (also a Mac User) and he said ya know what I noticed the same thing but had thought it was a program he installed. Note: I did not install any programs on any of the computers here. So has anyone else had some freaky reset with IE. ???

2. dricci macrumors 6502a

Maybe your cookies expired. Why are you still using IE, anyway? :D

3. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

Probably for the same reason I still use it, nothing else will load my on-line grade book right, my on-line banking service, or the Outlook webmail that I have at the school. Safari is good, but until it can do everything perfectly, without half-loaded pages and functions that will not work in certain websites I will still have IE on my computer.

4. Independence macrumors regular

you could always give mozilla a try. i use it on my PC right now. there's linux, mac, and windows versions. it works with most sites i visit.

5. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

micro$oft is trying to make you experience the hardship of windows.

that's my only explanation. good luck finding out what it is.
    sorry for not being able to help!

6. Fosterhere thread starter macrumors newbie

I may have a small inkling as to what happened. I noticed in the background was system updater. Its set to update automatically at 12pm Mondays. I thought I had it set to ASK me before it updates hmmm who knows. hows that sound so far ?

7. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

8. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

there are many better browsers than IE: Chim- I mean Camino :rolleyes:, Mozilla, Omniweb, etc. Give 'em a try.