free beer here!...no joke people!...

Discussion in 'Community' started by howard, Jan 23, 2003.

1. howard macrumors 68020

howard

for those of you who don't know what folding is, go here... http://folding.stanford.edu/

sorry it has nothing to do with free beer, it is a program that uses your cpu to process proteins and help cure many diseases. come and please join the macrumors team (#3446) and help us! ever little computer helps, i have an ibook and have been working my way up in the list the last month or so.

just think of all those nights your computer sits idle on your desk...it could be curing diseases!!!

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

if it will get you to never do another post like this, i'll go download it. not promising anything, tho, seti@home was too slow for me to use...

pnw

3. dstorey macrumors 6502a

maybe a good use for the duelies. I wonder if the stats include a duel mac as two cpu's... I take it that a duel cpu mac could compute twice as fast as a single in this case as two threads could be used each computing something else. It kinda sucks that on the news page the number of mac users are going down while both the linux and windows are increasing...come on guys...

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Everyone here (I think) knows what it is, if you had bothered to look you would have seen and entire forum devoted to it :rolleyes:

5. howard thread starter macrumors 68020

howard

i've seen many posts from people who don't konw what folding is...i browse this site frequently and i actually have not seen that forum yet, which means newbies definitly won't find it, just trying to get folding out there, sorry if you guys got pissed off with this post, just trying to get some more users on our team, we got to be competitive to stay in the top 40!