Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seenew

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
I spent about two hours last night, freezing my butt off in the cold to take some five and ten minute exposures of traffic, to test out my new camera. Well, I thought I had locked the photos on my camera, and then went to clear the card, and lo and behold, they were ALL gone.

There's only about 3 photos I wanted to recover, and it's not worth the $50-100 most recovery programs cost, so I was wondering if anyone knew of any FREE porgrams? Or demos, maybe, that could get the files? I got one demo that recovered the first 10 files it found, and it got 10 files, but they were the shots I took right before the ones I want to recover... :(

HELP! :eek: :confused:

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
seenew said:
I spent about two hours last night, freezing my butt off in the cold to take some five and ten minute exposures of traffic, to test out my new camera. Well, I thought I had locked the photos on my camera, and then went to clear the card, and lo and behold, they were ALL gone.

There's only about 3 photos I wanted to recover, and it's not worth the $50-100 most recovery programs cost, so I was wondering if anyone knew of any FREE porgrams? Or demos, maybe, that could get the files? I got one demo that recovered the first 10 files it found, and it got 10 files, but they were the shots I took right before the ones I want to recover... :(

HELP! :eek: :confused:

most demo's have that 10 file recovery thing so i think you might out of luck if you don't want to pay --- get yourself an san disk extreme memory card as your next you are buying memory --- they come with the software

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I saw some Lexar software in the store a few weeks back. Seems like it was only $20 or $30. Both Mac and PC versions on the same disk. You might check that out. It was specifically meant to recover erased photos off of camera memory cards.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
My Canon DRebel came with a data recovery program to get stuff off of corrupted CF cards in cameras...maybe you can check with the company that made the memory card in your camera or with the company that made the camera to see if they offer something of the sort?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.