Free (Dell) Vacation!!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Taft, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

I'm not sure if anyone else has seen the commercials yet, but our *other* favorite computer maker and their beloved spokesperson, the "Dude you're getting a Dell" kid, are now sweeting up their computers by offering the chance to win a fabulous international vacation with your purchase.

What I'm wondering is if you have to sit through a Dell brainwashing session before hitting the beach. You know, a "free" vacation laden with Dell propaganda and sales tactics--maybe a "sell a Dell to your friends and family" pyramid scheme.

You may have already won!!!

Taft

2. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

is it just me or does this offer sound like something you would find on a bag of chips?;)

3. djwoolf macrumors member

nah I thought it was something you'd find in a cereal box with a decoder ring.

4. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Hey, that's an idea

They could ship a decoder ring with every Dell to help you determine what the hex codes mean on all the BSODs you get.

5. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

What they fail to mention is that the vacation is to another plane of existence, namely hell... :eek: :D

dude, you just bought a dell... now, we're sending you to hell... :eek: :D

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

more like they realize you'll need a vacation from your Dell computer, that's why they're giving them away

it is a pretty lame gimic, though. Is the competition that tight in the PC world that they have to resort to that level?

D