Free Flight Simulator(possibly universal)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by imacintel, Jun 1, 2006.

1. imacintel macrumors 68000

Mar 12, 2006

I need a free Flight Simulator that is not FlightGear. If I open it, it crashes.:mad: IF possible, it would be great to have a universal version.

2. imacintel thread starter macrumors 68000

Mar 12, 2006
    PLEESE... I have a friend that is coming over TOMORROW and he really wants to fly. I had Microsoft FS on my old Compaque laptop, gave it to my brother, and after telling him NOT to delete it, he deleted it.
  3. theorem7 macrumors member

Feb 7, 2006
    I don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for, but it looks like OSX SkyFighters 1945 wMB could do the job for you... It is Universal, although it doesn't look like it has as many nice features as Flight Gear, and the graphics look a lot less detailed.
  4. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68000

Sep 23, 2005
    The 6ix
    that's shareware.
  5. kepardue macrumors 6502

Oct 28, 2006
    FlightGear is the only Free/Open Source flight simulator that I know of, except for Fly! Legacy. Fly! Legacy is an attempt to make an open source clone of the excellent flight sim Fly! that made its circles several years back. I don't think they have anything worthwhile working yet (and I think it's only theoretical that it can be compiled on the Mac). I'd assume because of the lack of updates that the project has stalled, but take a look at their site at:, give 'em a hand, if you can.
  6. hodgjy macrumors 6502

Apr 15, 2005
    There is an Easter Egg inside Google Earth. Yes, there is a flight simulator. Search for it, and you will find the hidden gem.