FREE ICE CREAM Tonight!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Flowbee, Apr 30, 2003.

1. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

It's "Free Scoop Night" at Baskin-Robins tonight (Wed., April 30) from 6-10pm.

From their website:
    "Now in its 4th year, Free Scoop Night is our way of saying THANK YOU to our loyal customers who have supported Baskin-Robbins for more than 55 years. Visit one of our participating stores on Wednesday, April 30, 2003, from 6 to 10 p.m. and get a FREE 2.5 oz scoop of ice cream. Choose from any available flavor."

This is happening in the US, Canada, Australia, Malaysia, Ecuador, Columbia, Portugal, Dominican Republic, Aruba, and Curacao. Japan is having a free scoop night on May 9th.

More details at:
    http://www.baskinrobbins.com/new/

EDIT: Check the website to make sure your local store is participating.

2. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

Sweet, thanks for the tip! Too bad the closest BR is a mile to the south. But it doesn't matter, I'll just get off at an earlier subway stop and take a nice walk home. It's great weather anyway :)

3. Kid Red macrumors 65816

NOT IN MY CITY!!!!

I just checked and there are 5 stores within 15 miles of me and NONE offer free ice cream. So I guess it's a couple of stores jsut so they can say they are doing it. Whatever.

4. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

guess that ill go to br in alameda the one near round table pizza

5. Flowbee thread starter macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Sorry to hear that, Red. It seems like all of the stores in my area (and in nearby cities) are offering the free scoops, so I'm not sure what's up with your local shops. Anyway, I guess it's best to check the website before making a special trip tonight.

6. Flowbee thread starter macrumors 68030

Flowbee

That's my local shop! Be advised, there's a sign in the window that says they'll only be open until 9pm tonight.

7. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I would be really excited about this, and go myself, but instead
    I am going to the Cirque de Sole. :D

8. GeneR macrumors 6502a

GeneR

Yeah, I guess that makes sense, Scem0. They still don't have Baskin Robbins ice cream in Top Ramen flavor yet. :D

9. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

wow, that's a great idea! I'm gunna suggest that the next
    time I go eat ice cream. ;)

10. guitargeek macrumors regular

I don't think we have Baskin Robbins in Massachusetts :( If we do, I don't know where to find one.

11. GeneR macrumors 6502a

GeneR

Well...

Scem),

If you do go to Baskin Robbins and they say "No," why not offer to show them how delicious it would be by bringing along a brick of dried Top Ramen.

And while they're watching, why not show them what a great flavor it would be by breaking the brick a part in front of them and sprinkle it on your ice cream. Delicious!

Oh, and bring a polaroid camera along so you can take a snapshot of their reactions!

Just kidding!
    ;) :D

12. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I went last year. Lines around the block. So if you go, bring a book or plan to chat with people in line.

13. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Thank you for the link. I have several in my area. But my wife said no, I have too much work to do! :(

14. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Where do you live in Massachusetts? At the Baskin Robbins web site I found alot of them around the Boston area. Try a search you might be successful! ;)

15. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Well its offically over on the east coast, I got there like 5 min before they were to close (10 PM) so they were like
    'bah, to the hell with it' and they just like gave me like 3 1/2 scoops.

Thanks for the tip! :p
    *lick*

16. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I got the usual e-mail when this thread, which I subscribed to, had a new post:
    The funny part is that I also got a message from Mail.app:
    Was it the FREE in all caps or the double exclamation?

17. GeneR macrumors 6502a

GeneR

I went...

I went to one nearby Baskin Robbins and there was a little line about twenty people coming out the front door. Well, they gave an option: if you wanted a double scoop for an exta $0.99 then you could bypass the line and go in.

So I did. And I spent $0.99 for this double scoop cup of Rainbow sherbert. I thought my scoops looked kind of small but thought nothing of it as I ordered a double scoop for my girlfriend. And then they gave me two regular size scoops for her. "What the?" I asked. "Why's her scoops bigger than mine?"

The Baskin Robbins worker told me then that the free stuff only pertained to junior scoops. So, I paid an extra $0.99 for an extra junior scoop. What a rip.

And then I paid an extra $3.50 for my girlfriend because the size difference wasn't explained.

Moral of story: I paid more for less. :(

18. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

the free, :eek:

GeneR, yes you paided a little, I mean is $3.50 so much to pay for a little ice cream for your girl friend? :)

19. Spike Spiegel macrumors regular

Strangely enough, for those in the Southeastern MA region, free ice cream is readily available. The Providence Place mall's Ben & Gerry's is giving out free cones, with not one, but two scoops of declicious, free ice cream. kinda weird for them to do this in conjuction with BR...

20. GeneR macrumors 6502a

GeneR

:D Just a little drama. ;)

21. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I decided not to go after all, since the lines were so long last time. Instead, I went into the kitchen and looked in the refrigerator. Guess what - free ice cream!

22. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Was it your refrigerator! :p

Doctor Q I like you new Avatar! ;)

23. GeneR macrumors 6502a

GeneR

24. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Thanks for the avatar compliments, guys. I started with a higher bit depth image but had to keep reducing the number of colors to squeeze it into 20K bytes. But my goal wasn't image quality anyway; I just wanted to do my version of the QuickTime logo movie, since Apple borrowed my personally-owned-and-operated letter of the alphabet in the first place. I tried to make sure that it wouldn't cause people to go nutty from the medical effect known as scem0-head-doing-a-vertical-version-of-the-linda-blair-trick-itis.