Free IPOD Deal Questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by the_insider, Jun 29, 2005.

1. the_insider macrumors regular

Apr 20, 2005
    USA / UK
    Hi, i ordered my 15inch powerbook yesterday from zurich, through the USA Educational store. I will be picking it up when i go through california in a few days. I was wondering since the Free Ipod is mail in rebate, can you choose the desitnation of the check they send you back. Can it be in switzerland for instance? Or could i get it sent to my brother in florida? My parents threatend me (they had a bad mail in rebate deal 100000000 years ago) that if they dont recieve the check, il have to pay for it my self. What are the chances of me not recieveing the check, or not satisfying the rebate? Thanks for the feedback
  2. skubish macrumors 68030

Feb 2, 2005
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    The rebate form says the check has to be mailed to a US address. Here is the link.
  3. wiseguy27 macrumors 6502

Apr 30, 2005
    As long as you send in all that the fine print asks for, you should be fine. I've seen that Apple mail-in-rebates are generally fast (a lot faster than others). Just be sure to re-read the fine print and send everything that it asks for - Apple may ask for the original UPC from the package, and they may also clearly mention something like "original UPC with all layers of the cardboard. Peeled off stickers will not be accepted." - in such a case you do know what to send! ;)